Competition Idea
2008.Jul.19, 12:22 PM
Competition Idea
One for the future maybe.

Capture the flag

Admin kick off the comp by sending a flag item to a random, active member. The competition then begins. The flag can only be taken by mugging the holder. The holder either cannot be identified or only his profile page would indicate flag carrier (whichever we think best). The winner of the comp is whoever holds the flag for a set period of time, say 1 or 2 hours.

Obvious drawback as I see it is as soon as Loki gets hold of it it is essentially game over, hence keeping the flag carrier anonymous. Also I think the winning player has to be active at least once in the winning time period.

Thoughts?

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Jul.19, 12:23 PM

sounds interesting, i like it
2008.Jul.19, 12:28 PM

Great Idea from a English person even better u got my vote Biggrin
2008.Jul.19, 12:48 PM

good one like the pumpkin one attacking instead find a person but it should be a person everybody can easily beat
2008.Jul.19, 12:50 PM

nice idea
2008.Jul.19, 12:53 PM

There would have to be inter gang combat options for a day like this.
2008.Jul.19, 12:56 PM

To even the playing field, how about making it so that getting the flag automatically unequips weapon and armor?
2008.Jul.19, 01:01 PM

LeftCoastSully Wrote:To even the playing field, how about making it so that getting the flag automatically unequips weapon and armor?

interesting solution, i like it. Perhaps to ease coding, the flag is very heavy and encures massive encumberance penalties

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Jul.19, 01:39 PM
Re: Competition Idea
andyscho Wrote:One for the future maybe.

Capture the flag

Admin kick off the comp by sending a flag item to a random, active member. The competition then begins. The flag can only be taken by mugging the holder. The holder either cannot be identified or only his profile page would indicate flag carrier (whichever we think best). The winner of the comp is whoever holds the flag for a set period of time, say 1 or 2 hours.

Obvious drawback as I see it is as soon as Loki gets hold of it it is essentially game over, hence keeping the flag carrier anonymous. Also I think the winning player has to be active at least once in the winning time period.

Thoughts?

great idea man.

i think it would be cooler to have say....3 flags.
at the end of the day, whoever holds a flag wins.
each flag is named something different, like WEAPON FLAG...ARMOR FLAG...HUMANITY FLAG...if you hold the weapons flag at the end of the day you win a weapon and so forth.
2008.Jul.19, 02:05 PM

cool idea!!! :wink:

"No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." - Fernando Pessoa