The Fourth of Gymboree!
2008.Jul.01, 06:44 PM

Some comps are more activity based (the Christmas gym training), while others have more of a random factor (beer drinking). If it's a holiday comp, on a holiday which is only celebrated by a portion of the AL community, I think it would be nice if it weren't a more activity based comp. I mean, Christmas is pretty much Christmas, and from what I understand, Halloween is celebrated in several countries as well. 4th of July is obviously only a US holiday. So, lol, good luck everyone in the UK and Canada, and wherever else you all play AL from, there will be a lot less competition on this one I'm sure. The fireworks idea (if similar to the drinking comp), would be nice, as it would allow those of use who are grilling out, drinking heavily, and shooting RL fireworks, to come inside a couple times to at least try.
2008.Jul.01, 06:46 PM

i agree with cheetah. i'll probably be here a good portion of the day on the 4th, but on saturday my best friend is turning 21 and .. well u know how that goes Smile weeeeee 4th of july!
2008.Jul.01, 06:55 PM

Happy 21st granola bar Biggrin
2008.Jul.01, 10:05 PM

How does a "Last-Man Standing" event sound?

I'm thinking this...
  • For this contest you actually "sign-up" for it. Sign-ups cost $1,000.
  • When the contest starts, all players who signed up are transferred to a special district that cannot be traveled to.
  • You have only 2 attack option when attacking players in this district. The berserk option and the leave option.
  • You can attack anyone at any health level, even gang members.
  • Fights last longer than usual but still have limit.
  • The loser is kicked out of the district. The winner stays.
  • Hit points do not regenerate in this district. You'll have to do this on your own.

Winner is the last person left. They get the only tag and 75% of the cash invested. The person they defeat to end the contest gets to keep 25%.[/list]

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jul.01, 10:09 PM

Sounds like if Loki or w00k signed up they would have a great advantage. Even if they had 1 hit point I doubt I could hit them.

it sounds good, but.. does stats have anything to do with this? it might seem a little unfair if a lvl 10 wants to try to win, but has to go against a lvl 40 early in the day

zenith Wrote:How does a "Last-Man Standing" event sound?

I'm thinking this...
  • For this contest you actually "sign-up" for it. Sign-ups cost $1,000.
  • When the contest starts, all players who signed up are transferred to a special district that cannot be traveled to.
  • You have only 2 attack option when attacking players in this district. The berserk option and the leave option.
  • You can attack anyone at any health level, even gang members.
  • Fights last longer than usual but still have limit.
  • The loser is kicked out of the district. The winner stays.
  • Hit points do not regenerate in this district. You'll have to do this on your own.

Winner is the last person left. They get the only tag and 75% of the cash invested. The person they defeat to end the contest gets to keep 25%.[/list]

sounds interesting. at first.... i just figured w00k or someone like that would win...so why do it? but i see how HP wont be re-generated. interesting.

screw it...im in!

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.Jul.01, 10:10 PM

Wouldn't that mean that one of the strongest players like Loki or Rafal would win if they decide to participate? Pretty much only the strongest participant would win. It has to be something fair to all levels. Why not that fireworks thing?
2008.Jul.01, 10:19 PM

BWAHAHA none of the little guys would stand a chance unless you put everyone on the same lvl and playing field...other then that count me out i have better things to buy with my 1k like 2 small stims
2008.Jul.01, 10:25 PM

DirkDanja Wrote:BWAHAHA none of the little guys would stand a chance unless you put everyone on the same lvl and playing field...other then that count me out i have better things to buy with my 1k like 2 small stims

everyone has a chance. why would loki waste HP on attacking a level 10? you have to choose your battles wisely.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.