Question...
2008.Oct.07, 05:46 PM

But... is that just for ranking people in the pantheon? In terms of say, attacking someone- two players with different stats, one higher than the other, both could still have a chance of winning due to randomness- but is the damage and evade % etc based on the stat level or the devs? So is the benefit going from 49/50 greater than the benefit from 19/20?
2008.Oct.07, 06:08 PM

LordSkie Wrote:That's exactly why I'm thinking of it as being the case. But has it been proven one way or another? Does training say halfway to lv 51 from 50 give ANY benefit whatsoever until you hit the 51 mark?

i asked the same thing when you werent playing. Zen said that ratings matter only. so 50.5 is the same as 50

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Oct.07, 06:14 PM

It's always the difference in stats level between players when fighting.

You see much of a difference when changing from 10 to 11 because the players you attack usually only 1-3 levels under or above you, while leveling to 35 in a stats may not have much diff because at higher level the guy in front of you might have up to say, 10 levels under or above you.

In the end, it's levels that matters.

And yes, at higher levels it may take you the same time from 59 to 60 then the neighbor will take to go from 47 to 50 (that's an example!), making him think he's catching up.

p.s. Skills are suppose to have an exponential effect as you level because you always get a bonus over the bonus of the last level, like in Zen's example:
Rank 1 = 2.98 hits per attack for an average of 193.7 total damage
Rank 2 = 3.09 hits per attack for an average of 210.5 total damage
Rank 3 = 3.37 hits per attack for an average of 237.8 total damage
Rank 4 = 3.51 hits per attack for an average of 268.1 total damage
Rank 5 = 3.68 hits per attack for an average of 301.8 total damage

you get + 17dmg at rank 2, +27 at rank 3, + 31 at rank 4, +33 for rank 5 and so on.
2008.Oct.07, 06:29 PM

gotcha, that's what I needed to know. Your example, Thor, is pretty much what I'm talking about- someone with a 15 level stat advantage, if the lower trains at the same rate, they'll 'catch up' in terms of attacking ability to the point where they might go from a 5% chance of winning to 40%+, despite the fact that they're training at the same rate and the higher power has a huge head start.