my fellow Borgs
2008.Jun.27, 03:04 PM

There was a time I was in favor of this the humanity sells but I just don't really care anymore. There would have to be a limit though, like no more regain than 20% of your max or something.
grabtindy Wrote:Its not like you weren't warned:

Cyberware is the replacement of natural human tissue for performance enhancement purposes. All cyberware implants cost a player some of their limited humanity score. Each rating of cyberware costs more cash and humanity. All cyberware on the list below can be purchased again and again until the max rating is reached for that item.

Humanity is the measure of one's wholeness of body. When a player elects to trade their natural body for cybernetic enhancements, they are permanently losing a part of themselves. A player's humanity score can never drop below 0, and grows slowly based on activity. Everyone starts at a 5 humanity.

Cyberware surgery requires a visit to the hospital after every new implant. Some of these hospital stays are very long, up to 12 hours of game time. The hospital stay for these implants is mandatory, as stimpacks cannot speed up the recovery process. With this in mind, it is suggested you start the surgery when you know you will be gone for a couple hours.

All cyberware implants have a maximum rating, and cannot be traded or sold. Humanity lost can never be recovered, and currently the chop shop does not perform removals or upgrades to a other cyberware tech. So select your cyberware with care, as it cannot be removed... only purchased again to improve its rating.
On another note, there is much more downside or side effects to borgs than that and we were never warned of them. So both sides are kinda right here.
2008.Jun.27, 03:11 PM

What side effect weren't you warned about? It reduces your humanity, what other negative have you expereinced?
2008.Jun.27, 03:31 PM

Maybe what Hydra meant was that the Chopshop did not mention what Humanity can do for you.

Like.. HP regeneration, Happiness refresh.. Faster train... as such..

Amend
2008.Jun.27, 03:58 PM

Definite minimum level and age requirements should be implemented if this ever happened. Humanity level should not really matter. Some borg with .5 humanity left may want to sell .4 of his humanity. Any amount for any price you want with a minimum implemented. If the borgs want humanity back they will pay the arm and a leg "LOL" to get it.

No newbies (what would stop me from going to another computer somewhere and creating multis and helping out people I know by selling them humanity for a song).
Level: 20+ at least.
Age: 90 to 120 days. Must be active for at least 2 months otherwise inactives can login, sell to their buddy/buddies and be inactive again. Why should they care, they are inactive.
No similar IP addresses either.

Also should have a minimum price for each .1 of humanity sold. Make the parties send cash back to each other if they want it for nothing or next to nothing. Gives others a chance to mug them for it. lol lol lol
2008.Jun.27, 04:13 PM

i think it's highly unfair to be able to fill yourself up with borgs then buy back humanity.

if you want your humanity back, play everyday and level up lots.

maybe you should get credits for happiness refreshes and nimbus' for health, and next time think about what you're doing before doing it.

i wasted 1.65 or so humanity and i don't complain, was money that coulda been more well spent but oh well . . . live and learn
2008.Jun.27, 04:28 PM

Borgs do work, but if you went all out and got the cheap ones you lost lots of humanity to get a quick gain. Borgs are more random than nat stats imo, so they arent equal......but they are helpful. I bought the expensive ones and kept a balance so i could train with the best of them and compete in pvp.

I do believe borgs should be able to be removed with specials and that some humanity should be able to be retrieved...but that is up to zenny

doh
2008.Jun.27, 04:31 PM

Maybe once funding for embrionic stem cell research in the states move forward, we can figure out how to give humanity back.

better cost a buttload tho. doesn't seem fair to those who never got borg, unless they go beyond natural maximum.
2008.Jun.27, 04:32 PM

I did say some.....and yes it should cost alot

doh
2008.Jun.27, 06:23 PM

that's not a bad idea, if you remove them you get half your humanity back or something that might make sence but it should cost more to replace a bionic arm with a donor arm
2008.Jun.27, 08:27 PM

Yea I like the paying alot for replacement parts and get a percentage of your humanity back but I was thinking since were on topic of replacing parts from other players what about replacing your bionic parts from yourself for another persons. Say you don't like your bionic toe 'Using metaphors" and you want a bionic eye and another plays wants what you have, should be be able to trade these parts. I'm not sure but I don't think their would be a loss in humanity.