Gym Skills
2008.Jun.19, 04:30 PM

LikeWhoa Wrote:
abysmalpoptart Wrote:certain weapons use certain skills MORE

i.e. if you have a weapon with DEX and ACC requirements, those 2 skills are MORE important than any other, but all battle stats affect all weapons to some degree. All of them.

as far as ranged weapons go - aside from requirements

acc - directly affects ranged damage (more accurate aim, hit vital organs, etc)
dex - better chance to hit effectively (duh, youre more nimble and can predict your enemy's movements etc)
res - effects unknown. at some point, zenith alluded to the possibility that res has some super secret benefit to everything, hence its difficulty in training
str - small bonus to ranged damage (carry heavier weaponry, even the most accurate gunsman will have difficulty aiming a heavy weapon w/o sufficient str. it definitely affects dmg)

as far as Acc and Str go, the opposite is usually the case for melee weapons

endurance generally allows you to fight more rounds without stalemating. more endurance = longer battles. i believe it adds damage to combat as well, but i have no idea to what degree

"certain weapons use certain skills MORE"
i refuse to believe this.

refuse to believe it, that's absolutely fine, but you wont be capitalizing on your abilities

this statement refers specifically to requirements on weapons. if your weapon requires ACC and DEX, training those stats exclusively will benefit you more in combat than if you train acc dex and str equally

theres a reason there are stat requirements, and if you surpass those requirements, you will do better
2008.Jun.19, 04:31 PM

ok new rule no matter what weapon you have train all stats.good rule of thumb i guess.i havent seen zen's breakdown of it all but until i do im training all stats
2008.Jun.19, 04:35 PM

train all stats of course, but not necessarily equally. you will get different results from diff stats, and if your weapon requires a certain stat, get more of that, cuz you will definitely wield it more effectively

same for armor
2008.Jun.19, 04:43 PM

yes of course i was getting some nice hits with the combat axe right before i upgraded to the elec.axe im still doing the same hits but my hide out attack went way up.maybe with some more acc i could land more crits.only 1 way to find out.im on res training at the moment tho, it will be awhile before i can test that out.
2008.Jun.19, 04:57 PM

alinutza Wrote:if you have a better dexterity you will hit more than him...right?

Yeah, and evade more too.

Amend
2008.Jun.21, 09:25 PM

what about Int.?
2008.Jun.22, 12:35 AM

Coolmcoolieo Wrote:what about Int.?

i heard something about critical hits..

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Jun.22, 02:02 AM

Accuracy and Intel does not increase critical hit.

Every weapon has a different Critical hit rate. The only way to change it, it is to increase your weapon skill or have good luck.

If u do not like the weapon's critical hit rate, try to use a different weapon, like the razor whip.

My advice is this, try to stay with the know stats fact.

For Range User:
1) Accuracy increase damage for range weapon and hit rate.
2) Dexterity increase your chance to evade.

For Melee User:
1) Strength increase the damage of your melee weapon
2) Dexterity increase your hit rate and the chance to evade.

If you are level 20 melee user, with 30 Str and 30 Dex, you can kick a lot of arse.

Amend