Gym Skills
2008.Jun.11, 04:28 PM

I find that str really helps me control my shotgun
2008.Jun.12, 03:27 PM

so certain weapons use certain skills
2008.Jun.12, 03:58 PM

Gornikel Wrote:
Ushanewnewba Wrote:str affects ranged as well.

Could you be more specific?

think of STR as bullets, the stronger the bullets, the more damage it does
2008.Jun.12, 04:03 PM

Coolmcoolieo Wrote:so certain weapons use certain skills
no...
2008.Jun.12, 05:11 PM

certain weapons use certain skills MORE

i.e. if you have a weapon with DEX and ACC requirements, those 2 skills are MORE important than any other, but all battle stats affect all weapons to some degree. All of them.

as far as ranged weapons go - aside from requirements

acc - directly affects ranged damage (more accurate aim, hit vital organs, etc)
dex - better chance to hit effectively (duh, youre more nimble and can predict your enemy's movements etc)
res - effects unknown. at some point, zenith alluded to the possibility that res has some super secret benefit to everything, hence its difficulty in training
str - small bonus to ranged damage (carry heavier weaponry, even the most accurate gunsman will have difficulty aiming a heavy weapon w/o sufficient str. it definitely affects dmg)

as far as Acc and Str go, the opposite is usually the case for melee weapons

endurance generally allows you to fight more rounds without stalemating. more endurance = longer battles. i believe it adds damage to combat as well, but i have no idea to what degree
2008.Jun.19, 10:44 AM

I've noticed that endurance really helps a lot in burglaries
2008.Jun.19, 01:20 PM

strange how it works out.i recently fought a same level with almost same exact stats,but he won cause he had 4 more acc than i did.we were using axes.its not a throwing axe but acc came into play.why do i need acc with a axe with a 3 foot handle?its just the way it is.you need str to use a gun,you need acc to use an axe.all stats matter.
2008.Jun.19, 03:46 PM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:certain weapons use certain skills MORE

i.e. if you have a weapon with DEX and ACC requirements, those 2 skills are MORE important than any other, but all battle stats affect all weapons to some degree. All of them.

as far as ranged weapons go - aside from requirements

acc - directly affects ranged damage (more accurate aim, hit vital organs, etc)
dex - better chance to hit effectively (duh, youre more nimble and can predict your enemy's movements etc)
res - effects unknown. at some point, zenith alluded to the possibility that res has some super secret benefit to everything, hence its difficulty in training
str - small bonus to ranged damage (carry heavier weaponry, even the most accurate gunsman will have difficulty aiming a heavy weapon w/o sufficient str. it definitely affects dmg)

as far as Acc and Str go, the opposite is usually the case for melee weapons

endurance generally allows you to fight more rounds without stalemating. more endurance = longer battles. i believe it adds damage to combat as well, but i have no idea to what degree

"certain weapons use certain skills MORE"
i refuse to believe this.
2008.Jun.19, 04:02 PM

redz28 Wrote:strange how it works out.i recently fought a same level with almost same exact stats,but he won cause he had 4 more acc than i did.we were using axes.its not a throwing axe but acc came into play.why do i need acc with a axe with a 3 foot handle?its just the way it is.you need str to use a gun,you need acc to use an axe.all stats matter.

If you put those 4 acc into dexterity, you would definitely kick his arse. It's all about point placement. And, Luck.

Don't go follow the other guy build now. Biggrin

Amend
2008.Jun.19, 04:03 PM

if you have a better dexterity you will hit more than him...right?

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio