WTF happened to w00k?
2008.Aug.18, 12:50 PM

I can tell you who isn't the next one.... me... It seems that once you reach a certain power level, the dynamics of the game change a lot. The game seems to be well balanced with a lot of challenges for players who are 'riding the curve', but the players who get WAY out in front (Pullo, w00k) seem to run into problems, whether they are balance issues, a lack of challenges, or player resentment. I don't have all the details, and don't really want them, but I think I am going to intentionally stay riding on the leading edge of the power curve for a while... and let the folks way out in front sort all this out before I get there.

Just my opinion...
2008.Aug.18, 01:04 PM

teamhood Wrote:He did not specify the fixes, but I am sure most of us know what needs to happen. He left and is not coming back...

Confirmed! Sad
2008.Aug.18, 01:09 PM

I heard he got hit by a bus irl :shock:

Through the grapevine but not sure how accurate that was.Prolly Chinese whispers.
2008.Aug.18, 01:14 PM

infinite93 Wrote:I can tell you who isn't the next one.... me... It seems that once you reach a certain power level, the dynamics of the game change a lot. The game seems to be well balanced with a lot of challenges for players who are 'riding the curve', but the players who get WAY out in front (Pullo, w00k) seem to run into problems, whether they are balance issues, a lack of challenges, or player resentment. I don't have all the details, and don't really want them, but I think I am going to intentionally stay riding on the leading edge of the power curve for a while... and let the folks way out in front sort all this out before I get there.

Just my opinion...

There are some weird things that happen with battles up here. It can be very frustrating at times. I myself have gotten pretty pod for outcomes. The game mechanics do provide much much larger swings above level 40 and whatever power level you are apparently has a huge influence on the exp and hosp time you get and give.

Im sure the game will continue to change for the better. I hate seeing any player leave.

doh
2008.Aug.18, 01:22 PM

well spoken bro, i hope whatever the prob was is resolved and he returns
2008.Aug.18, 02:09 PM

Quote:Im sure the game will continue to change for the better. I hate seeing any player leave.

I agree on both sentiments. There is a new wave of power players coming up through the ranks right now, when there are 200 active level 30 players and 50 or more 40+'s the dynamic will sort itself out if the admins can't find a way to fix it without breaking the game for everyone else. And new problems will pop up for the 10 level 60-70's that will exist then.
People play on the edge for a lot of valid reasons, I just don't think I am going to be one of them for now.

I hate to see anyone leave for any amount of time. I keep hoping that, like Chris and Sarge, Pullo and others will come back now that they have been passed up and climb back to the top of the pile. I was excited when Casanova logged in about a month ago. He didn't stick around, but the potential was there.
2008.Aug.18, 02:15 PM

It's lonely at the top.

w00k was a helpful and friendly player (for the most part), he will be a greatly missed member of the community.

R.I.P.

[Image: wookie.jpg]
2008.Aug.18, 02:16 PM

I think the mechanics work alright.Look at raf,if its levels players want he is the example.If its stats then look at Loki and w00k.Donations work.I can see there being a bottleneck effect very soon though where the big donators on the fringes,weebay,marlo,ronin they will all be much tougher to defeat once the bottleneck takes effect.In truth though there is not alot that can be done to change that.
2008.Aug.18, 02:17 PM

He'll be back sometime. I'm not worried.

Take care Chewie.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.Aug.18, 02:47 PM

If he has retired he joins an elite grp.Its just a shame he is in the retirement district.I was hoping in another year to be able to farm him :cry:

Down with the retirement district!
Thread Closed