WTF happened to w00k?
2008.Aug.19, 08:18 AM

shadowinc Wrote:on the other hand defensive skills was added to balance that out

not soon enough for someone to get 4 or 5 ranks in all of them to avoid high critical hits or any other things in battle

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Aug.19, 08:19 AM

Well in the w00k fight it was only a belt I was usuing, no gang points for anything or career points.
During that war with the xpats I was unable to hosp phisheva, I went down to him 3 times 2 of which he was in fair. In regular attacks against him I have not lost in a while. I couldn't hosp him though.
There has been a few occasions where I suffered massive losses to people I can beat. I moaned to Zen a little bit and asked what the story was. I was really upset about it, but on a few very rare occasions I have attacked people who I should lose to and I won. Seeing the randomness swing in my favor was all I needed. Now I just don't care if I have my random losses.
I imagine in w00k's case it's tougher, cause he knew his stats were better than most everyones. All his wins were earned, hence no more random wins, he would only see random losses. I could understand the frustration there.
2008.Aug.19, 08:23 AM

shadowinc Wrote:
Druchii Wrote:
DebbiePinson Wrote:I really dont think seldom randomness is the issue here. Its the frequent randomness that is alarming. Ive had many discussions with him about it and I tend to agree with him. I used to cross my fingers when fighting someone a few levels above me...now I dread attacking someone levels below me that I know are way stronger than because this 'randomness' is happening too frequently. And its not even a matter of barely losing....there are times where I am getting absolutely destroyed by people I know I am stronger than.

But even so...admin ignoring the issue isn't helping much.

I believe this issue is caused by people choosing weapon skills and other people aren't.

Skills give quite a lot of power, nearly too much. It should be hit with a nerf stick in the increased of damage and hit percent.

on the other hand defensive skills was added to balance that out

Anyone who tries that out will find out that it's complete bullocks.

You have to train 3 skills to negate 1 weapon level. With weapon levels being nearly 5 levels in the lead on quite a lot of people. With the added downside that it has no effect on those that doesn't have weapon skills. And the weapon skills effects the combat versus everyone.

The one doing the defence race is sure to lose out in the end. Make it count towards those that doesn't have weapon skills as well and there is a benefactor in getting either the evade skill to the max or the resist skill.

The last downside is versus non-weapon skillsmen, since the skills count towards power level, so you even decrease the amount of XP you get, with no added bonus in defence.

Terribly sorry about the thread highjack. I can split the topic into a new one if the OP (original poster) mails me ingame.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Aug.19, 08:25 AM

Weebay Wrote:Well in the w00k fight it was only a belt I was usuing, no gang points for anything or career points.
During that war with the xpats I was unable to hosp phisheva, I went down to him 3 times 2 of which he was in fair. In regular attacks against him I have not lost in a while. I couldn't hosp him though.
There has been a few occasions where I suffered massive losses to people I can beat. I moaned to Zen a little bit and asked what the story was. I was really upset about it, but on a few very rare occasions I have attacked people who I should lose to and I won. Seeing the randomness swing in my favor was all I needed. Now I just don't care if I have my random losses.
I imagine in w00k's case it's tougher, cause he knew his stats were better than most everyones. All his wins were earned, hence no more random wins, he would only see random losses. I could understand the frustration there.

+1
2008.Aug.19, 08:57 AM

Hmm. @ X Pats throwing down on people..
2008.Aug.19, 09:11 AM

Druchii Wrote:
shadowinc Wrote:
Druchii Wrote:
DebbiePinson Wrote:I really dont think seldom randomness is the issue here. Its the frequent randomness that is alarming. Ive had many discussions with him about it and I tend to agree with him. I used to cross my fingers when fighting someone a few levels above me...now I dread attacking someone levels below me that I know are way stronger than because this 'randomness' is happening too frequently. And its not even a matter of barely losing....there are times where I am getting absolutely destroyed by people I know I am stronger than.

But even so...admin ignoring the issue isn't helping much.

I believe this issue is caused by people choosing weapon skills and other people aren't.

Skills give quite a lot of power, nearly too much. It should be hit with a nerf stick in the increased of damage and hit percent.

on the other hand defensive skills was added to balance that out

Anyone who tries that out will find out that it's complete bullocks.

You have to train 3 skills to negate 1 weapon level. With weapon levels being nearly 5 levels in the lead on quite a lot of people. With the added downside that it has no effect on those that doesn't have weapon skills. And the weapon skills effects the combat versus everyone.

The one doing the defence race is sure to lose out in the end. Make it count towards those that doesn't have weapon skills as well and there is a benefactor in getting either the evade skill to the max or the resist skill.

The last downside is versus non-weapon skillsmen, since the skills count towards power level, so you even decrease the amount of XP you get, with no added bonus in defence.

Terribly sorry about the thread highjack. I can split the topic into a new one if the OP (original poster) mails me ingame.

Here is the trick. You have to balance out the def and weapon.

Example:
Level 7 in one weapon skill OR Level 5 in weapon and Level 4 in evade

I clearly see that the player B has a bit more advantage than player A

Amend
2008.Aug.19, 09:23 AM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:Hmm. @ X Pats throwing down on people..

NOOBS WILL PAY!!!
2008.Aug.19, 09:24 AM

Yeah..I had to smash one myself, to get into the action. [/sarcasm]

That God likes to pick on people, and talk smack, so..I smash him with my piece.
2008.Aug.19, 09:49 AM

its that time of day Great!!!!!!!!! Evil .
2008.Aug.19, 10:26 AM

ArtVandelay Wrote:
Weebay Wrote:Well in the w00k fight it was only a belt I was usuing, no gang points for anything or career points.

+1

+1
Thread Closed