Military Career Bonus STINKS!!!!!
2008.May.15, 03:45 PM

Punisher Wrote:one word------"randomness" Smile

not funny. this isnt random. if i use CP it should show an improvement.. EVERYTIME i use it. it was WORSE than when i use nothing.

more than once!

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.May.15, 03:52 PM

Err Wrote:I'm not completely sure what the bonuses do for that skill as Zenith developed most of it, but I will say that you can't expect to become Superman (or woman for those of you of the opposite gender) just by using skill and gang bonuses. w00k, aside from being a much higher level then you, also has a big edge in stats as well. Now, 1 hit may be on the low side considering your bonuses so that was probably a bit unlucky, plus the fight didn't last long, but you can't expect to be able to beat people far stronger than you just from bonuses.

My guess is, and again Zenith would know better than myself, that if you fought him the same way 5 more times you would average 3-5 hits a battle and lose them all.

its still not adding up. i wasnt expecting ot beat him. i di dexpect to do much better though.

wook aside.... thsi doesnt explain my fight with the other gentleman. especially when comparing the fight to when i used CP to the max (and lost)and when i used nothing (and won).

no disrespect to Zen... but when the careers first started.. i inquired about how effective the bonus was. She was non-specific, but she did say that she did a practice run on on Military Level 10, Range.. and her response was.. "all i can say, is WOW". this was before the Resistance bonus came into play.

im just dissapointed. i was expecting more. i was at least expecting SOMETHING. i feel like i got nothing.

i will get over it and start converting CPs to stats and it will all be water under the bridge. but i think i at least have a right fuss a bit.

Round 1
Round 2
Round 4

Gotta agree here.If you have level 10 military,with all that combat work youve been doing in the marines and more likely to be a special forces person you should be able to do better than that all juiced up.Sounds to me like you were robbed by the career path.You would have been better sinking those career points in Dex! So much for careers.

The game's probably being a silly billy, Conrad.
2008.May.15, 03:55 PM

biffbaffboff Wrote:Gotta agree here.If you have level 10 military,with all that combat work youve been doing in the marines and more likely to be a special forces person you should be able to do better than that all juiced up.Sounds to me like you were robbed by the career path.You would have been better sinking those career points in Dex! So much for careers.

just offer Military 10 a grenade for $5k and 100 CPs and we'll be square. Smile

Round 1
Round 2
Round 4
2008.May.15, 04:16 PM

There is a minor detail that people are missing and I may be wrong about this but I believe when Zen added the zerk attack she did say that anybonuses recieved would be random. So you may have even taken a hit on your stats due to the zerk. some looking into may be needed for this to be clarified though.
2008.May.15, 04:18 PM

Conrad's a wussy........"randomness" FTW!
2008.May.15, 04:23 PM

Quote:A soldier can attempt to improve the damage dealt in his next ranged weapon battle.

If you can't hit someone, it doesn't matter what your bonus to damage is. The result is no damage.

Can you normally hit w00k?

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.May.15, 04:24 PM

stop whining and train your stats, puzzy
2008.May.15, 04:34 PM

You should definitely drop Military and persue a new career in Manufacturing. Now THAT'S where it's at...