Poll: Does passing your skills test seem way too random no matter what grade you have?
Yes
No
I don\'t need to pass a test to know I have skills
[Show Results]

Skills Testing
2008.May.15, 12:27 PM

If you want 100% success take the test at A+ standard.If you want to be smart and knock a few days off your learning try it at level C.I think in the longrun taking it at 100% will work better.If you fail twice at C it takes away around 2 days learning.2 days learning from grade C is like moving to grade B+.

As the tests get harder trying for level 3 the punishment for failing will be more like a weeks learning.

In short if you take the chance at anything other than A+ expect to fail it.Call it a bonus if you succeed. Now plx stop whining. :wink:
2008.May.15, 12:28 PM

fair enough. i failed 5 times the first time, and only 2 times the 2nd time

the point i see here is that as the tests require more and more points, youll want to be more and more reserved with your grade risk, because if you fail, you can drop up to 8% of your grade, and thats sux, especially when its 50 dev points for 1% or more.

be reserved, peoples
2008.May.15, 01:24 PM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:because if you fail, you can drop up to 8% of your grade, and thats sux, especially when its 50 dev points for 1% or more.

be reserved, peoples

i dropped over 10% the time i failed... Sad

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.May.15, 01:29 PM

I think level 1 skill was a piece of cake for most.Level 2 is much more difficult to pas at grade C.When its level 3 skill im going full out for A+.My reasoning is 2 fails at B and i wont be able to sit the test again for another week.then when i do ill probably fail again.By this time i could have just played safe and got A+.
2008.May.15, 03:08 PM

i have failed the the 2nd test 3 times. with a B, B- and B+ i think the scores were. today, i know it was a B+.

if i have 87%, then id think id fail 13% of the time. well... ive had an avg of 85% and have failed 100% of the time on the 2nd test. its not random, its based on a grade/percentage. thats the way it should be anyway.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.May.15, 03:12 PM

Just do the test at A+ .If you had done that straight away you would already be on your next level.
2008.May.15, 03:13 PM

Actually, you should take it at 1%. Probably pass it anyway. Guess everything. XD
2008.May.15, 03:23 PM

biffbaffboff Wrote:Just do the test at A+ .If you had done that straight away you would already be on your next level.

but we would still have to pay for it!!

How about if you study and reach 100%, the price to pass the test is only 50% of the price you wold normally pay to take it??

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.May.15, 03:33 PM

alinutza Wrote:Have you ever failed a test when you had learnt 80% of what you had to learn
Actually, I did once :oops:

I'll never forget it!
2008.May.15, 06:28 PM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:Actually, you should take it at 1%. Probably pass it anyway. Guess everything. XD
I guessed "C" for everything. Aparantly my AL character knows thats what I do in RL...