Poll: Does passing your skills test seem way too random no matter what grade you have?
Yes
No
I don\'t need to pass a test to know I have skills
[Show Results]

Skills Testing
2008.May.15, 10:54 AM

i passed my first 2 test with a B+ both times call it luck or whatever but i havent failed one yet......THANK MOD
2008.May.15, 11:17 AM

I passed both my test with an 83%avg... and failed the 1 time i tried at 79% because i didnt want to wait 2 more days *sigh*

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.May.15, 11:49 AM

If we want testing to be taken out of the equation, then everyone will need 100% studying done to go the next rank. As it stands now, the testing system is working exactly like it was drawn up. With over 1,200 tests taken so far, the success rates are right where they should be.

For those unlucky souls out there who have failed with a B+, perhaps you just need to have an A and take the risk out of the equation. So far no one has failed with an A+.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.May.15, 11:55 AM

zenith Wrote:For those unlucky souls out there who have failed with a B+, perhaps you just need to have an A and take the risk out of the equation. So far no one has failed with an A+.

Have you ever failed a test when you had learnt 80% of what you had to learn

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.May.15, 11:59 AM

Woohoo, 2 for 2 baby.
2008.May.15, 12:05 PM

alinutza Wrote:Have you ever failed a test when you had learnt 80% of what you had to learn

If a majority of the questions are based on the 20% you didn't bother learning, I suppose that's possible.
2008.May.15, 12:06 PM

Holy hell. Bluntness from Zenith, logic from Loki...I'm overwhelmed. I'm enjoying it.
2008.May.15, 12:10 PM

zenith Wrote:If we want testing to be taken out of the equation, then everyone will need 100% studying done to go the next rank. As it stands now, the testing system is working exactly like it was drawn up. With over 1,200 tests taken so far, the success rates are right where they should be.

For those unlucky souls out there who have failed with a B+, perhaps you just need to have an A and take the risk out of the equation. So far no one has failed with an A+.

But knew people who have failed with a A- :shock:
2008.May.15, 12:13 PM

Pretty straightforward risk vs reward. Maybe you guys are failing because the teacher is tired of your whiny attitudes.
2008.May.15, 12:26 PM

saradon27 Wrote:But knew people who have failed with a A- :shock:

A- is not an A+. Twisted

Think of careers for a second. The only way you can move up a rank is when you have completed 100% of the required career points. For most people, they complete MORE than 100%.

There is no risk with careers. You can only "pass your career test" when you have "earned an A+". With skills it's sort of the reverse. You can attempt to pass a rank before you are 100% ready, but you risk something in the attempt. I thought about making it where you automatically pass after your 4th attempt, but that would just mean everyone would pass at the minimum grade to take a test.

If you don't want to run the risk of failing a test, treat it like careers. Get 100% of your grade in.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin