Option 1 - Major Overhaul
Option 2 - Add run away + 3 strike rule
Option 3 - Same as 2 but 10 hits in row
Option 4 - All combat handled in 1 click
[Show Results]

Vote on a new Combat way
2006.Sep.20, 12:57 PM
Vote on a new Combat way
If Zenith is gonna solve the problem with cheaters and the combat page, without risking the hard earned XP of those that like to fight alot of people to gain XP quicker. Then combat has to be done another way. This is a poll over what could be the best way to pull combat off

Way 1
You select a guy/girl you want to attack. Then have 4 options on how you should perform the attacks:

-How to do combat hits. Aggressive, Normal, Counterattacks (dot out one of the options)

-Weapons. Melee, Gun, Fist or Mix ( dot out one)

-Way to Attack. Face on, Stealth, Challenged (This goes a long way to set given xp, a successful stealth attack means you start by hitting people in the back and gives more xp. or something)

-Distance. Keep long distance, short distance, medium distance or alternate (choose one a way to adjust the fight after the weapon you choose, a way to make melee weapons more effective)

Click DONE!, wait for page to load, and see if you won

WAY 2

Keep the old system, add a "Run away" button with an automatic 10% xp loss, and a 3 strikes rule for people that use other means to run away from battle.

Way 3

Keep the old system, add a "Run away" button with an automatic 10% xp loss, and a 3 strikes rule for people that use other means to run away from battle.

But do 10 consecutive hits each time the player clicks the attack button

Way 4

Find a player to attack, select weapon, click attack again, and youre done.

What option sounds the best?
2006.Sep.20, 01:20 PM

i like the current system
2006.Sep.20, 01:21 PM

The one-click combat suggestion will assure that no one can escape battle, once they've comitted themselves. We also need some sort of CAPTCHA script on attacking players and most of the other game mechanics. CAPTCHA will also help prevent "auto-programs", that may rear their ugly head in the future. Nasty players could send links over MSN, AIM, YIM and force unsuspecting players in to attacking other players. I also feel that the run away link is just too easy to exploit and way too buggy. They can use the link 3 times, but how about the Close button on their browser? In my conclusion and best interests, one-click combat is securing the future of AL. Many other successful games have done this and had no problems with players trying to exploit it, from as far as I know of.
2006.Sep.20, 01:24 PM

It depends, sometimes i just wanna see it quickly but sometimes if its a player who i dont like i wanna see every hit i make on him, if i had to choose id go with the 3rd though
2006.Sep.20, 01:27 PM

666666 Wrote:It depends, sometimes i just wanna see it quickly but sometimes if its a player who i dont like i wanna see every hit i make on him, if i had to choose id go with the 3rd though

Obviously, what ever option is chosen, there are going to be pros and cons. How ever, if you want a slower battle, some times, then why not just put on some Mortal Kombat music and scroll down the page sloooowly?

:roll:
2006.Sep.20, 01:53 PM

Dragon Wrote:
666666 Wrote:It depends, sometimes i just wanna see it quickly but sometimes if its a player who i dont like i wanna see every hit i make on him, if i had to choose id go with the 3rd though

Obviously, what ever option is chosen, there are going to be pros and cons. How ever, if you want a slower battle, some times, then why not just put on some Mortal Kombat music and scroll down the page sloooowly?

LOL

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Sep.20, 02:22 PM

Dragon Wrote:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! il do that then lol

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
2006.Sep.20, 02:49 PM

i like the fast option, that lets you customise the attack after what kind of weapon youre using.

after 3000 combats, it would get tiring doing the same thing all over, so shortening down the process a tiny bit, and making it fail safe in the process would seem like an improvement, although at a cost of removing some of the fun of attacking.

What if one could choose in player preferences? Choose way of attacking.
2006.Sep.20, 02:50 PM

I'm not sure what you are trying to solve with this. Are you trying to make it so people don't lose all their xp running away? Help a confused guy out.
2006.Sep.20, 02:57 PM

a way to fix the bugs zenith wants dealt with, to make it customizable and maybe a bit faster.

and so that unlucky people doesnt get set back 3-6days worth of XP