Poll: Would you like to see the old gang war code return?
yes
no
[Show Results]

Would you like to see the return of the old gang war code?
2008.Jan.16, 04:54 AM

I wasn't in gangs whenever I started this game. Whenever I did start one, however, the gang war system was changed. Perhaps Zenith could make it to where one day out of the month, like she does for the 'Intra-Gang Attacks' and 'Gymboree,' make it to where you could go back to the PVP war system. Every time you attack someone, however, there won't be a loss of respect..But, perhaps, you jack some of their gang points?

I wasn't around for the old war system. HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Plus, it would give everyone at least a little satisfaction to know that they would have their old gang system once in a while.
2008.Jan.16, 07:02 AM

I voted Yes. Really the only thing wrong with the old code was gang deletion. Even a young lower level 499ers was able to compete in the old code. It's too early to get into much detail, so I'll just say Yes to the poll.
2008.Jan.16, 08:21 AM

I voted 'no' because I do not think it is as simple as just switching back to the old war code. That being said, the current system is not perfect, and we need to make sure it will continue to evolve over time. Changes will need to be made at some point - there needs to be more motivation (other than loss of pride) for a gang to defend their gang / hideout when they are attacked. There also needs to be some penalty for a gang that attacks another gang and is defeated.

I would say 'yes' if the question were "does the current war code need to change", but 'No' to the over simplified view that we just 'go back in time' to the exact sysem that used to be in place.
2008.Jan.16, 11:00 AM

Maybe a contested district is the answer.

Something along the lines where all player on player attacks in that district give respect to the gang the players belong to. There would be a Hall of Infamy-like top 10 list at the top of the page, for either top gangs, or top player and their gang.

Stepping foot into the contested area would make it impossible to leave for 24 hours.

To make up for the online hits, and lack of departure, all gym trains would have a 25% bonus, as would crimes.

The respect the gangs had amassed would disappear after three days. This way one gang couldnt just casually dominate, but instead active gangs would be rewarded.

Next to the gang crime, gangs would have the ability to do a gang hit. All gang members who volunteer to participate in the gang hit would temporarily add their stats to the gang leader for one attack. This would cost 2x the energy of a normal attack from everyone participating in the attack, and would grant minimal experience but more respect. In this way an active 10 man gang, with 5str 5acc 5dex 5 res, would be able to hospitalize a high level for a period of time.

Some reward for being the top gang in the district would have to be in place, since despite the cries for the old gang codes to return, interest would be lost in this pvp code after a while. Possibly a 10% experience boost for the #1 gang while in the the contested zone, 7% for second, and 3% for 3rd.

Oh, and hospital times would be reduced by 40%
2008.Jan.16, 01:12 PM

I think I prefer the idea I posted a while back of two gang types. Hardcore and Normal. Normal gangs can continue on pillow fighting for gang points, hardcore gangs will fight each other with old school rules and will gain about double the gang points than normal gangs do, but their upgrades will only effect their players (no hideout refreshing etc) or may even be able to turn gang points in for respect in case of emergency. (you would have both, respect and GP)
2008.Jan.16, 01:56 PM

TheGeek Wrote:I think I prefer the idea I posted a while back of two gang types. Hardcore and Normal. Normal gangs can continue on pillow fighting for gang points, hardcore gangs will fight each other with old school rules and will gain about double the gang points than normal gangs do, but their upgrades will only effect their players (no hideout refreshing etc) or may even be able to turn gang points in for respect in case of emergency. (you would have both, respect and GP)

This is an interesting idea.
2008.Jan.16, 02:44 PM

it got a fairly nice response the last time i mentioned anything, maybe i'll do a write up and post it tonight. Expound on the idea so everyone understands exactly what i mean.
2008.Jan.16, 04:26 PM

I would expect if old gang system got introduced again that there would be taxes from powerful gang against smaller gangs in exchange for not deleting them.

So I'm all for a new gang war type that rewards pvp without rewarding only the strongest gangs. So if there could be a system which could make the gang war feature more interesting for all sizes of gangs it would be nice.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Jan.16, 08:01 PM

old war code rules!

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.Jan.16, 08:28 PM

Conrad1103 Wrote:old war code rules!

like you have a clue...about anythiing