AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Would you like to see the return of the old gang war code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Mighke

Because I've gotten more than quite a few in game comments stating their dissatisfaction with the "new" gang war code and wishing the old gang war code could be put back in place, I figured many players felt the same as I did but are hesitant to post.

No posting is required here! Just vote!
Most players now were not here for old code. I would be up for it, but SuperGangs would be destroyed, all those millions lost on a 20+ member gang. A simple 3 man gang can destroy a 20+ gang. Find a way around that and I am interested.

-Maybe gangs can "pick" old or new code?
-Avg level cap for gangs?

I like the way the gang wars are now, due to you can be the master of PVP but not gang wars. Or gang wars and not pvp.

The old code was coded to favor gangs with high-level members, not fair to rest of community.

LuparKoor

I too agree with new code over the old, but at the same time, the new code needs tweaking. I'm fairly sure Z has ideas for what she wants to do with it, as current gang warfare is fairly pointless.

However, the old code was rediculous in my opinion. I started playing back in July of 2006, and back then gang wars lead to the complete distruction of the gang. And due to the huge expense of gang slots, no gangs were more than 6 or 7 members. When I quit in October, most my gang also left, and since I couldnt give my money away, I sold everything and put it into making my gang an 11 slot gang, the largest at the time. However, we left only two members in it so that war couldnt be declared and our huge investment deleted.

Under the old rules, might made right, and only due to the Elders being a pretty fair gang was there any sort of justice. Some gangs, if given the chance would simply destroy the gangs comprised of 3 level 5 members if it helped advance their own guild.

hunter52070

I was around for the old code when you could destroy a gang. As the game is today it wouldn't be worth it. As Ush said the millions some ppl have put into the gangs of today just to wath a 3 man high level gang wipe it out.

What would be cool to see would be not the loss of points, or the gang, but a variation on the old code and the new. For example:

Gang A has 5 members that are of the same level, lets say all in the 20's, then you have a 3 member gang that are high to low 30's. Obviously the higher level players are going to be able to beat/hosp the lower level players more. they woud then win, and get certain amount of gang war points, but not take away from the losing gang's point or destroy the gang.

Also along those lines, just like having the Gang combat bonus you could have a gang Defense Bonus that could have points spent to upgrade. The better your gang the better your chance to survive and defend your self in a gang war, even if the other gang has better weapons.

Just my thoughts on it.
I agree with Usha here. And frankly I haven't had enough coffee this morning to write anything remotely clever.
I was around with the old code and as much fun as it was when you were fighting an evenly matched gang, it was a pain when a gang attacked you who had even only had one member about 5-10 levels above your top member because that one person was able to beat your whole gang.

To bring back the old code now you would have to change alot, one thing that I think is as ush was saying, under the old code a 3 member gang could walk all over a 20+ gang because every fight is 1v1, but this is gang wars and when two gangs fight they do not split up into 1v1 fights and if one gang out numbers the other they sure as hell dont just stand in line and wait there turn to get jumped on, everyone pilles in, so a good thing to add would be a gang op in a war were you can have a few members hell even the whole gang attack one member of the other gang.

Im sure zens just bursting with ideas Smile
Absolutely awesome idea!
yep there should be way that several weaker player could defeat one stronger one. i have beged Zenith for something like that for allmost year.

spyder83

WAMA you are correct. I wish we could get the old team together Smile Twisted

spyder83

Also, I was deep in the hunt of old gang wars, funnest time I ever had. However, pullo I don't think it would work well this time. You will end up ruining this game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's