Stealing items
2008.Jan.01, 04:21 PM
Stealing items
I know, it's not very polite, but I'd like having the opportunity to steal items from other players.

I mean: instead of attacking my opponent and eventually have his money, I'd like a more subtle choice: going for his storage kept items.
In this way, a weaker player could "hurt" a stronger one.

I'd suggest various grades of success, with the most spectacular ones don't even letting any evidence until the ex-owner first access his own storage: a simultaneous notification of the empty vault could sound very spicy :-)
Faillures could be rewarded with jail, and, for the most blatant ones, damage to the thief and to the items themselves ( you know, the C4 explosive was overdosed and ..... buuumm ;-) .

On the offense a full range of specialized tools would be needed to boost the success chances ( I'd say dext and acccuracy based): the lockpick kit, dynamite candles, C4 explosive, and so on. Maybe a couple of career could grant different specialties too.
On the defense, the storage could be upgraded itself, by a serie of new security features spanning from the mechanical steel lock to the retinal recognition high security scanner.

IMHO, this would add spice to the game, opening a brand new branch to players.

As I've seen, a gang storage has been already proposed, ( nice idea imho), the same concept could be applied, with even more effectiveness.
I'd suggest reducing the personal storage size, to force players using the gang storage.
2008.Jan.01, 07:07 PM

This idea would kill game. If you stole something from my sotrage house, like maybe an extra AL203 armor. I would never sleep keeping you in the hosp.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2008.Jan.01, 07:17 PM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:This idea would kill game. If you stole something from my sotrage house, like maybe an extra AL203 armor. I would never sleep keeping you in the hosp.

Evil Twisted lol :o :o
2008.Jan.01, 08:09 PM

lol but good idea Biggrin
2008.Jan.02, 03:23 AM

Don't see why this could kill the game...
If I succeed at stealing something from your storage ( but the gang storage would be a better option, indeed), why should you know who performed the crime? Sure, I wouldn't leave my business card in the crime scene Biggrin

Imho, you could possibly know only if the burglar got injuried and hospitalized by a blatant failure, but neither in this case we need to notify the author's name to the victim :-)
2008.Jan.02, 02:26 PM

Don't forget the closed circuit cameras catching your every move. As soon as Ush saw who did it they would reserve a section of the hospital for yourself and I bet your gang as well. I know I wouldn't do it. He would smack around my gang all by himself.
2008.Jan.03, 11:04 AM

Scorpious Wrote:Don't forget the closed circuit cameras catching your every move. As soon as Ush saw who did it they would reserve a section of the hospital for yourself and I bet your gang as well. I know I wouldn't do it. He would smack around my gang all by himself.

Well, obviously this couldn't be a risk-free action, otherwise everybody would try stealing items.... that's why I proposed the blatant failure side-effects, but additional losses could be given to the unsuccessful burglar: losing the expensive burglary equipment could be a nice trade-off

About the closed circuit cameras... yes, that's a tricky defensive device indeed, but, even excluding sophisticated electronic countermeasures, using former USA presidents' masks :-) couldn't be a cunny way to get around?? You'll have a crisp video tape reporting Nixon :-) sending his own best regards to the cameras, just before leaving , bounty-overloaded, your gang storage :-) ... Then, whom you would avenge against? Where would you look for that smiling crook? ;-)
2008.Jan.03, 01:02 PM

gimpsyit Wrote:About the closed circuit cameras... yes, that's a tricky defensive device indeed, but, even excluding sophisticated electronic countermeasures, using former USA presidents' masks :-) couldn't be a cunny way to get around?? You'll have a crisp video tape reporting Nixon :-) sending his own best regards to the cameras, just before leaving , bounty-overloaded, your gang storage :-) ... Then, whom you would avenge against? Where would you look for that smiling crook? ;-)

LOL. True there. Would have to definitely get the "I am not a crook" pose on the CCTVs. HEHE
2008.Jan.03, 01:37 PM

you got the point Biggrin
2008.Jan.03, 02:23 PM

some people put alot of real money into the game for weapons,some presidents probably got close to million doller gun collections,and to have someone go in there storage and take everything just seems wrong,thats just how I see it!