The Real Estate Game
2007.Nov.29, 01:16 PM

Lets try and keep this thread alive here. Is there anything else other would think would benefit this idea?
2007.Nov.30, 01:59 AM

I like this idea.

Having a set number of houses in each district, and allowing all of those to be bought up, and houses sold on the marketplace for inflated prices.

Other ideas to add to this:

I have long thought that gangs should be able to purchase houses, and rent them out to their gang members.

Gang houses would cost more than ordinary houses, but instead of only allowing one tenant, would allow a few gang members to reside in the house, but with happiness penalties for additional tenants.

For instance:
A personal villa costs 750k and provides 600 happiness for the one resident.

A gang villa would cost 1M and would provide 600 happiness to the main resident (since he lives in the master bedroom), 450 to the second resident (guest bedroom), and 200 to the guy stuck on the couch.
2007.Nov.30, 02:26 AM

i like the gang house idea alot. now, would add to your happiness from your current house, or be the total happiness?
2007.Nov.30, 02:31 AM

Obviously it would take up your housing slot. You wouldn't be able to double up on em, since you'd only be sleeping at one house.
2007.Nov.30, 03:42 AM

makes sense. but in the event that you leave the or get kicked out it would have to return to your property. otherwise lotta dudes would be very upset
2007.Nov.30, 04:22 AM

The purpose of having the house that belongs to the gang is so that gang members who don't own their own houses could use the gang house, without dealing with having to buy the member a house and worrying that he'll sell it and leave the gang.

There'd really be no reason to let a gang member use the gang house if he already had one of his own.
2007.Nov.30, 09:46 AM

Nice idea about the gang house. Keep em coming.

This real estate market would add another element of the game that would surely keep me active, ::cough:: Zenith ::cough::.
2007.Nov.30, 01:45 PM

what i was thinkin for the gang house was similar to gang combat rating, they would get xxx happiness added to what we have while we are in the gang. for instance, i'm lvl 8 with a trailer and 125 hap. mabey this lvl5 doesn't have a house yet, gets in the gang house and all of a sudden he's got 200 hap. more then me. if it just added to what you have it would be fair to the whole gang
2007.Nov.30, 08:59 PM

Possibly have it so it adds but just a little more. If you are going to pay alot more for it have it as a little more.

I.E. you buy a pad and have 500 happiness. As mentioned above the villa costs 750K. You pay the 1 mil for it. Instead of just your place your gang leader can give you the option of the villa use too. Just like if you go on a business trip somewhere you may have to go through all the trouble of reserving a room somewhere. Now if you had a bud (Gang leader for AL) offered you room at his place on the beach in the sun you would be alot happier than if you had to try to get a motel 6 somewhere.

Same principle for the gang villa. You have many rooms there. Of course the master of the house has the best happiness since it is his place. The next person has a great room so a little happiness there. THird person a little less than that. The next person/people have the couch and then sprawling on the floor. Only thing I see for people trying to get around it is if somebody has the best place they can get for their level and then try to get the bonus happiness from the gang pad.

In that case I say maybe in order to have the place as a gang house the prices would have to be 5X or 10X the normal.
2007.Dec.01, 01:13 AM

that works for me