AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: The Real Estate Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Marlo

Now, I am sure this is not an original idea, so please do not flame me if there was another post about this.

That being said, I have been thinking about the structure of purchasing property in game. While I understand that if you purchase someone a piece of property, you do so with the understanding that you have now in a sense given them 'X' amount of money. This is what I would love to see changed.

Reasoning:

Gang Membership and incentives:

In my gang, and many others I'm sure, if you perform and stay active you can be rewarded with the upgrade of your home. Now, while I am more than willing to subsidise an active, contributing player, it is impossible to know whether or not there will be a change in the players activity, or allegiance to the gang. If the player leaves the gang then he or she can take the home that was provided them and never look back, effectively ruining your investment.

My Solution:

Create a Real Estate Market:

Upon purchase of a new piece of real estate the purchaser would recieve a deed in his name. This would not only afford the purchaser equity in his ivestments, but would, over time, create a market wherein a player, who has invested a considerable amount in real estate in a certain district, would be able to start to dictate market price on certain real estate in said area.

This could also be supplemented by Zen by limitting the amount fo certain types of homes in certain districts, thus driving the market higher.

Get involved, give your opinion and seek a better, thriving Real Estate market.

Thanks ,

Marlo

decadency

nice.. i like the idea Biggrin
good of you to have thought of somethin like this.. lol
very interesting
something close has been discussed before but it has been quite a while. It does have little bit of a twist from previous discussions.

But proper place for this should be in the game and forum feedback. Smile
sounds nice actually Smile I like it

Weebay

It sounds good to me, I could buy 100's of card board boxes in Decater and become a slum lord!
Im into the idea of this.

smrceo

I like the idea as I have invested tons of money into buying people upgraded housing...maybe not as much as others but still an investment none the less. It would be nice to know I have some sort of say in my investment. I believe the code coudl get complicated though but once written could apply to several things including iother items like weapons as well.

Scorpious

Kronald Wrote:It sounds good to me, I could buy 100's of card board boxes in Decater and become a slum lord!
Im into the idea of this.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I too think this sounds awesome. W2G bud.

PropositionJoe

I love the idea dude...

I suppose an interface to do this could be sort of like the gang member screen. A list of your properties and a "Kick Tenant" option for people who don't pay their rent.

filthymick

i'm here to sign up for section 8, is this the housing authority? :?

j/k
i like this idea as well
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's