Gang Battles Update
2008.Feb.12, 12:05 AM
Gang Battles Update
Well, Err and I have gone over your suggestions and are hammering out some code for gang battles. Here are some nuggets of what will be in...

1.) Declaring a war activates gang-battles (basically no change here).
2.) Battles generate gang points depending on the power level of both combatants.
3.) Players attacking opponents who are a lot weaker than them earn no gang points. Players attacking and losing to stronger opponents lose no gang points. Please note this is not based on level, but our relative power level based on level, stats, items, etc.
4.) Winning an individual battle against a player in a gang with 0 gang points earns you 0 no matter how much should be earned. So basically if a gang has no gang points they aren't worth declaring a battle against.
5.) Players in a war/battle are fair game in combat no matter the hit point status to anyone they are at war with. However, you still need half or more of your health to initiate an attack on someone.
6.) Only "leave them" or "berserk" attacks generate gang points. However, since berserk attacks are generally stronger, it may adversely affect your gang point earnings for that attack.
7.) Defeated gangs (see below for what constitutes a defeat with battles) will have their hideout status set to 0.

Some things that still need to be decided....

1.) How are battles considered "over"? Any hideout that is defeated is already one way, but this only applies to wars, not battles. Is it a certain amount of gang points taken, time limit, or even attacks within a certain time frame?
2.) Should declaring gangs be required to have close to the amount of filled member slots as the defender? (Gangs can always declare on gangs larger than them.) For example, say a gang of 15 can only declare on a gang of 10 or more, while a gang of 5 can still declare on a gang of 20.
3.) What time-interval is needed (if any) between war/battle declarations on the same gang? Is hideout repair time long enough (since it will be set to 0).
4.) What consequences will the losers have? Are gang points enough of a consequence, or should they lose paid-for bonuses for a certain amount of time? Is repairing a hideout punishment enough?

Discuss.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Feb.12, 12:24 AM

a thought... the gang looses one member(randomly) and that member can not join any gang for X amount of time. (X=24hours? more?) The gang should have to use ponts, money, or a mamer slot to reapar.(member slots could be cashed in acourding to the value of the slot for repair points. Maybe $100=1 repair point. (if the point system is fixed at 100.) any overflow of points would be kept set asside for future repairs.
2008.Feb.12, 12:26 AM

oh wow...well...i guess ill have to think that through more thoroughly... thats alot of stuff your throwin down...but it all sounds good....no to hijack, but how bout the gang storage idea where the loser 's vault is temporarily open and can be stolen from....maybe cost as much AP an one attack to try and steal an item....

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.
6.) You hit for 1245 points of damage. **** resists 34 for a total of 1211 damage.
2008.Feb.12, 12:28 AM

wow
2008.Feb.12, 01:12 AM

JaySin Wrote:oh wow...well...i guess ill have to think that through more thoroughly... thats alot of stuff your throwin down...but it all sounds good....no to hijack, but how bout the gang storage idea where the loser 's vault is temporarily open and can be stolen from....maybe cost as much AP an one attack to try and steal an item....

we're all just like kids...... no matter how much you give us, we always ask for more. lmfao!!

j/k jay. its a good idea lol
2008.Feb.12, 02:32 AM
Re: Gang Battles Update
zenith Wrote:Some things that still need to be decided....

1.) How are battles considered "over"? Any hideout that is defeated is already one way, but this only applies to wars, not battles. Is it a certain amount of gang points taken, time limit, or even attacks within a certain time frame?

Does there need to be a limit on how long you can war? I believe that the bulk of us who remember the Old code were fairly carefull about how many points we took.

Of course everyone has a different standard so perhaps a limit of 1/3 or 1/4 points a gang has max?

zenith Wrote:4.) What consequences will the losers have? Are gang points enough of a consequence, or should they lose paid-for bonuses for a certain amount of time? Is repairing a hideout punishment enough?

As to wether there should be consequences yes there should be but I think it should be based upon gang points loss rather than the actual loss of the battle.

Think about it.
You got the crap kicked out of you 10 or 20 times and now we're gonna penalize you on top of it? I dont agree with that.

However if your gang points drop below a certain level you will definitely have to start losing something, say members belonging to a crappy run down hideout are more likely to lose at crimes and end up in jail?
I dont really know if thats possible or not. Would make life a little more interesting tho.

zenith Wrote:6.) Only "leave them" or "berserk" attacks generate gang points. However, since berserk attacks are generally stronger, it may adversely affect your gang point earnings for that attack.

Sorry just curious Zen as to why "mug" is no longer included as an option?
2008.Feb.12, 04:43 AM

I would personally leave wars to end in their own time on destruction of the hideout as exists now. This would allow gangs to dictate how they want to play a bit more. In old wars we used to set about a 20 - 50 point limit before a war and accept surrender once that was reached. I envisage this happening again. Some gangs will play for no mercy and take all they can, so be it. Others will play with a moral code.

No limit on gang sizes IMO.

Consequence for losing is whatever the winning gang decides. Loss of gang points is enough IMO.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Feb.12, 04:53 AM

How about this too.As to even the playing field a little bit try this.

1. Gangs who are evenly matched and at war cannot be declared upon by another gang.So evenly matched gangs are 1v1.

2. Time limit of 90mins per war.

3. Smaller gangs can declare on larger gangs upto the reached allotment of evenness.For example 5 gangs with 3 members can coordinate an attack on a gang with 20 members.At the same time however larger gangs cannot declare on them.But should the small gangs do this and lose they will lose twice as much as in a normal war and vise versa.
2008.Feb.12, 06:46 AM

Zenith Wrote:5.) Players in a war/battle are fair game in combat no matter the hit point status to anyone they are at war with. However, you still need half or more of your health to initiate an attack on someone.

I don't think that being able to attack someone that is in BELOW fair condition is good. You might as well just stay in hospital and lose the war why get out in below fair since you will just be put back in. This will be a disadvantage for the smaller players.

I am a little confused as to where the fair playing field is. People who can afford to make donations will be able to buy tons of stims/bars while those that can't will have nothing.

***Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your arse will be disconnected!***

**The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.**
2008.Feb.12, 06:58 AM

Aqualung451 Wrote:a thought... the gang looses one member(randomly) and that member can not join any gang for X amount of time. (X=24hours? more?) The gang should have to use ponts, money, or a mamer slot to reapar.(member slots could be cashed in acourding to the value of the slot for repair points. Maybe $100=1 repair point. (if the point system is fixed at 100.) any overflow of points would be kept set asside for future repairs.

i dont like this idea at all (no offense)

Quote:I don't think that being able to attack someone that is in BELOW fair condition is good. You might as well just stay in hospital and lose the war why get out in below fair since you will just be put back in. This will be a disadvantage for the smaller players.

i agree with that

overall, sounds good..and so are some suggestions. i will read more about this at work and post after.. Smile

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
Thread Closed