Gang Battles Update
2008.Feb.12, 07:01 AM

i'm also curious why the mug option isn't included.

90 min war limit? that's relative to a smoke break on AL. way too short for a war. that's only 2-3 attacks worth of time.
2008.Feb.12, 07:28 AM

might be a typo or to remove the ability to bounce weaker members in and out of hospital

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Feb.12, 07:42 AM

90 mins deadline because some wars can drag on for days! could you imagine that?Or what if 2 gangs just declared on each other with a hidden agenda of not to win/lose the war just to avoid being in a war.With a time limit set to 90mins the victors are the either outright winners or those that have done the most damage.
2008.Feb.12, 07:49 AM

"Players attacking and losing to stronger opponents lose no gang points. Please note this is not based on level, but our relative power level based on level, stats, items, etc. "

guess you mean "considerably" stronger. no-ones equal. interested on how this works. even so..... i see a bunch of little guys jumping a big guy (and losing nothing).....softening him up for one of their big members. not that theres anything wrong with that.

probably cutting off my nose, despite my face on this one.......but, with a gang of 20 members only being able to attack a 15 member gang or more...it kind of limits the beat downs that SV could do. hey.. .thats fine with me. i guess they would have to split up their gang/have people drop out? seems kinda unfair, since they paid for those spots. also... it may make people want to revert back to smaller gangs of 3-5, b/c it that would limit who could attack them.

what if you limit the damage a 20 member gang could do to a 10-12 member gang if the 20 member makes the declaration? force it to be over earlier... only X points could be taken from a smaller gang being jumped by a bigger one?

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.Feb.12, 08:31 AM

in old war system small gangs have adventage over big ones that was one of the reason why the old war system was removed
2008.Feb.12, 08:47 AM

biffbaffboff Wrote:90 mins deadline because some wars can drag on for days! could you imagine that?Or what if 2 gangs just declared on each other with a hidden agenda of not to win/lose the war just to avoid being in a war.With a time limit set to 90mins the victors are the either outright winners or those that have done the most damage.

Defeat their hideout, war over.

The key to this is keeping it simple.

Overcoming a hideout dictates the length of the war. All Pvp attacks during this time earn more gang points for the victors, remove gang points for the losers. The amount is dictated by power levels as discussed.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Feb.12, 09:03 AM

"2.) Should declaring gangs be required to have close to the amount of filled member slots as the defender? (Gangs can always declare on gangs larger than them.) For example, say a gang of 15 can only declare on a gang of 10 or more, while a gang of 5 can still declare on a gang of 20. "

I think no for this.... if a gang or multiple gangs (smaller) can declare on me then I should in turn be able to declare on them... But if this were to be put in place I guess I could always resort to other tactics to get my point across.
2008.Feb.12, 09:38 AM
Re: Gang Battles Update
zenith Wrote:Is repairing a hideout punishment enough?.

In this case, they will have to use AP to repair the hideput up to 75% of their Gang Defense rating..time in which they cannot be declared war on!!
Using their APs will prevent them from doing crimes, so they won't make money Smile

zenith Wrote:5.) Players in a war/battle are fair game in combat no matter the hit point status to anyone they are at war with. However, you still need half or more of your health to initiate an attack on someone.

Let's say, Err it's weaker than you Zen..Will you throw him in a battle against Super Villains, Gentrification or Dark Matter, and any other gang that have verry strong players, taking into account the fact that he is only level 13 ( and assuming he has stats good enough for his level ) ?

Won't you try to hide him from the enemies? lol

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Feb.12, 01:37 PM

giving lower level players a chance to fight and win in gang wars is important. Maybe the gangs can have "terf" and higher level gangs can buy hide outs in other parts of town. gangs in different parts of town can only fight other gangs in the same part of town. Each part of town has 1000 respect points. members of gangs with more respect points get a bonus in crimes, shorter jail times, etc. Each gang has the same number of respect points at start, and looses them when they loose a war. points divided if more then one gang fighting.(the war over for all attackers as soon as the defender is at 0 gang hit points) A gang that controls say 50% of down town has a chance of catching some one commiting a crime in their part of town (after the system has detrimined that the crime has failed). the gang should get some kind of reward for that based on the percentage of respect points they controll. money, exp, or somthing like that. (this makes the gangs more attractive to new members)
2008.Feb.12, 01:53 PM
Re: Gang Battles Update
I'll try to answer come of the questions in this post...

--

For those who are afraid huge gangs with the highest level players are going to dominate with this system, I think the point is being missed. The entire point of a gang war is to gain gang points. These extremely strong gangs gain absolutely nothing by attacking weaker players for gang points. They need to attack gangs with similar-strength players or close to it or it's an utter waste of energy for them. Sure they can declare and then keep you in the hospital, but they can do that now.

--

Mugging was left off because it's intent is to take money, not gain "respect". Attacking someone for gang points is meant to gain your gang respect, not the 20 bucks in their pocket.

--

Reason we are thinking of letting any player be open to attacks regardless of how many HP they have is pretty significant. Without this a gang of weaker players has NO chance of beating someone very powerful to gain gang points. Stimming out early gives you 50% hp, so you are fair game anyway. If you are running around with 5% health during a war you aren't going to attack anyone no matter what the code is.

A level 45 vs three level 35s might actually be worth it for the 35s. The level 45 won't be gaining any gang points for these three. The 35s can only do 40% damage before they are worked over individually. Two can attack and get him down to 20%, which is unattackable outside of war. He is basically unbeatable. If all three attack together in war with this change, they can defeat the opponent and take gang points. Sure the level 45 can keep them in the hospital and attack them at 1% hp, but he is gaining 0 gang points and can keep them in the hospital all day long now anway.

Maybe HP shouldn't auto-refresh in war unless you are in the hospital. Perhaps the moment you get out of the hospital during war you are at full HP?

--

Going into war with someone who is extremely weak on your side doesn't really hurt your gang much. They won't be worth any gang points to the other side, so would be a waste of energy to attack. They might get pummeled until the war is over, but that's part of being a gang.

--

As for not being a "fair playing field" because donators can purchase tons of stims/bars, that's available now but doesn't happen often. If donators didn't get any kind of benefit to their donations, they wouldn't donate.

--

The point of this system is to gain gang points. If a gang wants to earn points with the new system, they will have to fight a gang with similar strength players or stronger. Declaring on a weaker gang would be worthless to them unless they just took out the hideout... which results in no change from the current system. If they DID pull this stunt on a weaker gang, they have no chance of earning any gang points, and actually could lose some in large chunks with the changes proposed.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
Thread Closed