Lag
2007.Oct.12, 03:33 PM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:Stupid military computers....

Now them are slow as heck. Can be very frustrating at times.
2007.Oct.12, 05:07 PM

I noticed I refresh a little bit slower than normal lately.

Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass
2007.Oct.12, 06:37 PM

gtoofs Wrote:I knew I wasnt going crazy......yet. Smile

Going? Thought you lived there? hehe lol

I mainly notice it on the military computers, when I'm at home there is no slow time. Smile

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Oct.13, 12:43 AM

At home now, no lag!

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Oct.15, 04:35 AM

Ahhh, I remember the good old days when Awakened Lands would load up in a pinch! Oh, do not get me wrong. The load times are still pretty impressive, nowadays. Yep, as Awakened Lands becomes bigger, it is no surprise to me that load times would slighty increase, over the vast months. No need to worry, though. I am sure that a more powerful server would most certainly do the trick.

*:wink: at administrators*
2007.Nov.04, 01:26 PM

zenith Wrote:Loads for pages 2 months ago were averaging 0.300 seconds for a normal page, with the "slow" pages taking 1.5 seconds.

Now they are at 0.350 seconds on average and 1.7 for the slow pages. So there is some slowing down but not really that much. It's mostly the database growing, not the server being up for a long time.

That's strange. i've waited for a page to load up to 8 or ten seconds on a refresh and have often lost Energy and Action Points because of it.

Maybe check the refresh rate on a weekday around 6pm server time until about midnight server time. i think you'll find seriously increased page refresh rates.

Drives me crazy.

Perhaps making it possible to delete unread mass mails would free up some space and allow the server to work more efficiently.

At one point, i had over 300 unread mass mails that i'd sent and had to go through the tedious process of deleting them one at a time.

Maybe a bigger server is needed, but the mail thing might act as a band-aid until a faster server is cost effective.

just a thought.
2007.Nov.06, 02:42 PM

I agree, I just attacked jack mort, I wish I had a sun dial to time how long it took. It seems to be off and on, I will exp major lag, then none at all.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Nov.06, 03:33 PM

I'm in the process of tracking the bottlenecks and trying to remedy them. I doubt a new server is needed, just some more optimizations to the server. For those who remember the olden days when we first started, there were many pages that loaded three to four times as long as today, and we are still on the same server Smile
2007.Nov.06, 04:11 PM

zenith Wrote:I'm in the process of tracking the bottlenecks and trying to remedy them. I doubt a new server is needed, just some more optimizations to the server. For those who remember the olden days when we first started, there were many pages that loaded three to four times as long as today, and we are still on the same server Smile

Cool! I'm all for optimization!

Last night a couple pages took almost 30 seconds to load. Since it takes a few clicks for attacks, training and crimes, sometimes I lose refreshes.

Would be great to have that happen a little less.
2007.Nov.06, 05:12 PM

Mighke Wrote:Cool! I'm all for optimization!

Last night a couple pages took almost 30 seconds to load. Since it takes a few clicks for attacks, training and crimes, sometimes I lose refreshes.

Would be great to have that happen a little less.

I think in your case it isn't the server. The server is actually scared of your power, so it hesitates Smile

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin