Royal Rumble AL style
2007.Sep.04, 07:02 PM

isnt the whole reason why a Royal Rumble works in the professional wrestling world is because the winner is chosed before it actually happens. i dont see how this could work because like some1 above said, if the last gang was decent they would win pretty much no matter what, unless the 2nd to last gang was so dominate....how about instead of a royal rumble...take one gang and one by one throw a gang at them....starting from the lowest crappiest gang.....then...how every many gangs they defeat(starting at the bottom) that would be their score. then take another gang and do the same and see who can go the farthest up the ladder? it would take forever but i just dont see a true royal tumble actually working fairly...

oh well thats my two cents...what do you guys think of the ladder idea?

-=BuuDDha=-
2007.Sep.04, 07:12 PM

From the top down would be better. THe points deal is good too. That way the first few gangs would have to decide whether or not to attack each other early off or just wait until the other gangs jump in and hit them.

For example: SVs and Pest start it. THey can decide to wait still or attack each other. One of the 499ers is next. Same scenario, do those three fight or do they wait until more lower gangs appear. THen Epic, etc..... Eventually there will be enough gangs for the big boys to go after (provided they decided not to hit each other yet). Of course there would be alliances initially that of course will get broken whether early on or later towards the end.

Of course, gang wars would have to be disabled 4 or 5 hours before the royal rumble so everybody would be at 100%. Maybe instead of every minute (You see how many gangs there are now? ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!) a new gang could be put into "The Ring" every 15 or 20 seconds. Would definitely be a long war if we did it every minute. LOL OR, do it every minute but have 5 gangs in each minute. Imagine the drop down bar though when it gets to at least 20 gangs involved not to mention 50 or more. LOL
2007.Sep.04, 07:17 PM

Scorpious Wrote:From the top down would be better. THe points deal is good too. That way the first few gangs would have to decide whether or not to attack each other early off or just wait until the other gangs jump in and hit them.

For example: SVs and Pest start it. THey can decide to wait still or attack each other. One of the 499ers is next. Same scenario, do those three fight or do they wait until more lower gangs appear. THen Epic, etc..... Eventually there will be enough gangs for the big boys to go after (provided they decided not to hit each other yet). Of course there would be alliances initially that of course will get broken whether early on or later towards the end.

Of course, gang wars would have to be disabled 4 or 5 hours before the royal rumble so everybody would be at 100%. Maybe instead of every minute (You see how many gangs there are now? ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!) a new gang could be put into "The Ring" every 15 or 20 seconds. Would definitely be a long war if we did it every minute. LOL OR, do it every minute but have 5 gangs in each minute. Imagine the drop down bar though when it gets to at least 20 gangs involved not to mention 50 or more. LOL

i like that....very good idea giving the starting gangs the option of attacking or doing absolutely nothing....i still thnk the biggest problem with this is the time zones...
2007.Sep.04, 07:30 PM

Yeah. That would be a problem. However, have it sometime between 6PM and midnight game time. I can always tell work I have an appointment so I can copy and paste the gang wars page and put it on the forum. LOL

Of course maybe a poll of three hour increments could be started. THe choice with the most votes would be the time. That way maybe the entire AL community will finally vote on a poll. LOL Let it run for a week or so in order to give everyone a chance to see it. :-)