List of Gym Trainers
2008.Feb.17, 12:27 PM

Fractaleyes Wrote:Why would you not use the gym trainers? They are like steroids.

what exactly do they help do?
2008.Feb.17, 12:40 PM

They better your Development point gains in trains.
2008.Feb.18, 02:10 PM

Dragon Wrote:There have been quite a few other games, that have possessed this "karma system", which basically holds 2 links, per forum post, on the left-hand side; that once clicked, can increase a user's karma statistic by a certain amount of points, and/or decrease a user's karma statistic by a certain amount of points, all depending on the quality of a forum post, of course. Karma over 0 is positive, karma below 0 is negative, and karma set at 0 is neutral, but that is probably obvious. So, in order for one to ammend a user's karma statistic, one would need to be logged in to the game. Also, a user could only ammend a user's karma statistic, about once per day, based on a user's specific IP address. Now, instead of having this "karma system", we could have a "reputation system", that basically follows the same structure, while perhaps implementing some new ideas, when that bridge is crossed.

I dont agree with this system. It can be abused, easily. You just have to make a couple of friends and everyday up each other's reputation, or take turns doing so.

Which I understand that similar things in real life can have similar effects, but if I have say a group of 15 friends who talk very well (or poorly) of me everyday, I dont actually gain any reputation among other people, just among that group. To me, that doesnt really change my reputation overall until those people talk to other people, not just among themselves. In the situation you propose, it could be limited to 10 or 15 people and eventually achieve the same effect as if many people knew that person.

I would appreciate some way to up repuation more, even if it is just by a small amount gained per promotion (maybe a graduated scale so the higher the promotion the more rep gained).
2008.Feb.18, 04:55 PM

:: looks forward to paying a bunch of lvl 2's to destroy someone's karma ::