Work EXP
2007.Sep.02, 01:45 AM

My apologies for being blunt, but it's been an extremely long day and I've had a tremendous amount of email asking for code changes (about 10x the norm).

The points you earn for each hour worked has your work experience already factored in. How? Because I wanted players to have total control of where they put their points. If they want to spend it all on the work experience statistic, then they can. If the don't even want to touch that stat and pour it into using it for special abilities and upgrading their career rank, that's their option too. The experience points each hour for leveling purposes was given just as a bonus.

abysmalpoptart Wrote:i think its also a MAJOR setback for all the players who werent here for the original job codes, and since part of the implementation of the new codes was intended to put everyone on the same level, theres still some imbalance... imo

Not sure I understand this completely, but from the way it looks I feel the exact opposite. Players who have been here a long time deserve to be able to use the work experience they earned in the past (which was earned at a ridiculously slow pace compared to now) for the new career code. Starting everyone from scratch with this would have been unfair. While everyone has started at rank 1 for a career, the players who had developed work experience in the past should have the benefit of it. I did not want to ignore their past with the new code, which is why the new system is the way it is. Believe me, with the system now you can equal the oldest player's work experience statistic in a few days.

I think the bottom line is players are misinterpreting why I set the system up the way it is. I wanted the most flexibility for the players as possible, hence why you get points to spend as you see fit. The old job code where you got the same thing every day was boring and didn't lead to much variance in how players played.

After a month of play-testing, this is the system I felt was most dynamic and fair.

And for what it's worth, the highest work experience rating was a 5 before the new career code, with an average of between 2 and 3. Most players can get that rating with one of the careers in about 2 to 3 days.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Sep.02, 10:17 AM

I like it the way it is. Do not see any problems with it. Honesty here not brown nosing the creator to get a 100X bonus on everything for a month or two. LOL lol lol
2007.Sep.03, 01:14 PM

I also agree it should stay as it is. Those who were here for 100 or 200 or more days than others SHOULD be ahead of the younger ones and like Zen said, it only takes a few days of work to get at level 5, depending on what job you're doing.

Those who works the harder are those who get at the top of their job, its how it works in real life, I think it should also be the way it works here. Smile