Suggestions for Real Estate
2007.Aug.25, 09:08 PM
Suggestions for Real Estate
I think that the way that Real Estate is done now could be much more interactive! I have tons of creative suggestions that I really hope to get some feedback from.

You walk into the real estate office and you decide what house you can afford that is within your price range. Very similar to the way it is now, so my suggestions could be added onto the current coding. Once you have purchased your house you need to put things in it... right? ^^ The main idea is that your home has a starting value of Happiness points, but, you will need to put a variety of objects, and furniture to give you bonus Happy Points.

I shall now go into more detail with my ideas.

Furniture
Purchasing things like Big Screens, Gaming Systems, Art, and other variety of things can give you bonus Happy Points.

Example:
You travel to the shopping center, and visit the Furniture Depot. You start browsing threw a variety of objects to place in your house.

32 Inch Color Tv - 500$ - Happy +2
Zebra Print Couch - 750$ - Happy +3
Advanced Gaming PC - 4,000$ - Happy +16

You could even have better shops available to higher levels that would include Plasma TV's, Expensive Art, and a variety of other things.

Home Security Systems
Why not make it interesting by allowing users to rob eachother's homes? It would implement another fun crime battling system into the game.

There could be a Home Security upgrade shop were you could purchase a variety of security things. It could be a simple motion detected flood light, it could be motion detected wall mounted machine guns, our you could have a guard dog.

How would a crime of robbing a house require? It would require a new stat on the site (Stealth). This could be a whole new way for people to crime against each other, and a whole new stat that everyone could start training in. It would be quite interesting. Users could even purchase special "Objects" that will make there robbing quicker, and easier. If they get caught of course... JAIL for them Smile

Those are just some random thoughts, and Suggestions. I could post alot more up about this, but, my fingers would start bleeding. Let me know what you think! I love feedback on ideas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ideas for other ways to achieve bonus happy points ^^ What if users could purchase Clothes, CD Players, Jewelery, and a variety of other pimp items to carry around with them. As long as they are wearing them, they get bonus Happy Points. Of course... However, you could be mugged! And some of your objects could be stolen *sniffles*
2007.Aug.25, 09:12 PM

that sounds good and u could do a career as a robber
2007.Aug.25, 09:21 PM

it would suck if you got shot by your own security system. :shock:
What if you cought the robber? could you get points for putting him in the hospital? could you mug him? that would be a good twist. Twisted
2007.Aug.25, 09:29 PM

idk about muggin a robber

but u could wake up or find da robber trying to sneak in and he /she drops his/hers equipment and u find it or they drop identifacatioin and u could find who did it and tell da cops

and u could get a career as a cop so u can go around protrollin houses
2007.Aug.25, 09:40 PM

and u can hire construction ppl to build da houses and hire manufactors to make furniture and stuff
2007.Aug.25, 09:52 PM

I like the ideas, but I don't think people would be too happy with having their stuff stolen. There are already huge issues with muggings.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Aug.25, 09:55 PM

u could make a room where u stuff are protected like a safe room but it cost to put extra stuff in there and u cant rob big stuff like coaches but u can rob tvs but u have to have more stealth to rob bigger stuff and u cant get robbed more then 2 times a day
2007.Aug.25, 10:02 PM

Stealing is just part of the site. IF you don't protect your stuff, expect it to be taken. I personally would have a highly secured house with a few small items Smile Maybe.. the users could steal the value of that item, and it wouldn't affect the users house, our items?
2007.Aug.25, 10:05 PM

and to go along with this estate thing u should be able to get married and if u refer some1 u adopt them and u coul live in da house but when ur refer gets to be 5 days old u can kick him out or let him stay in ur house Smile
2007.Aug.26, 10:14 AM

Not bad idea(s) here. However, I think you would have to have an AP system for just how hard of an attempt you want to do:
Do you want to only look for an open window and/or an unlocked door or do you want to break a window or try to jimmy the door, climb up on the patio because you saw something open up there?
Now you are in the house:
Do you grab something right in front of you and take off through the window/door you came, do you do a quick cursory look for something else, or do you stay in the house far longer looking all around and searching for the good items?
Now you have some potential items you can take:
Do you grab as much as you can and risk dropping some or making alot of noise with them hitting each other or do you grab that nice diamond necklace you just found searching and run off with that one? Do you spend longer in the house wrapping up items so they do not make noise and risk getting caught for too much time.
Neighborhood watch/police presence:
Depending on who you want to try to rob and their location of their pad will depend on the randomness of the police presence/neighborhood watch aspect of the crime.
Security system(s)
Do they have cameras, dogs, motion sensors, guns (All mentioned previously), guards, or a combination of two or more security systems. (Of course you would have to decide whether to check for security systems or not no matter where you go. The villa may have none but the trailer has a dog.)
Quality of merchandise:
You definitely will not get better items from a cardboard box, shack, trailer as you would from a ranch or villa or whatever is in Midlan or Underground. (Of course a LVL 1 or 2 could not possibly get to the LVL 40 zone so Rafal and Pullo would not have to worry about being robbed if they have a place there now or in the future, zones are limited by levels like normally in the game).

This would be alot of work to implement but if it ever does come around (I would rather let Zenith continue her plans first) then it may be fun. I could go on and on and on with ideas to add on to the initial post but I do not feel like sitting here this long when I am probably maxed on my energy and APs now. LOL