Wow costly wars
2008.Feb.21, 11:35 AM

There has to be some changes made.More gang points need to be available. Taking away 10 points for losing is insane.It should be the other way around.

-5 for losing +10 for winning higher players.Even better would be -4 for losing and +10 for winning.

This way if its 2 attacks to win and 5 stims (total cost $2500 and 40+ energy) at least you make 2 gang points for your tactics at the very least.
2008.Feb.21, 11:42 AM

Whats the fun in warring offline gangs? No PvP in that Razz the fun is when you have to run from district to district, and tick hunt people when they leave hospital.

But I think it will be tweaked somewhere along the road to make it more worthwhile to do pvp during gang wars.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Feb.21, 11:47 AM

Simple options.
-4 for losing to a more powerful player.+10 for winning a more powerful player.

Also for every player beaten thier gang loses health like an action point attack.15 gang health taken off with every player beaten and if you wn 5 gang health added back to your gang.

Whats more you should get next to nothing for defeating an offline gang whereas get loads for defeating a gang with 4 or more members online.

perhaps something like
No players active = 8 gang points won
1 player active = 11 gang points won
2 players = 14 gang points won
3 players = 20 gang points won
4 players = 26 gang points won
5 players = 30 gang points won

These points could be added to what the original war points you would have got.
e.g dissidence beats say bad mutthas we get 40 gang points.If they have 5 players online we get 70 total.

but it works both ways.If they beat us and normally would only get 20 points yet we get 7 players online and they somehow win they collect in the region of 100 gang points.
2008.Feb.21, 11:49 AM

It would make more sense to me if the points for taking the hideout remained the same regardless of the pvp factor.

Then the pvp gang points are icing on the cake.

However, I think some tweaking needs to be done on the pvp point system.

All in all though I have great hopes for the future of gang wars.
2008.Feb.21, 01:38 PM

dawilz Wrote:not if he has the common sense to eat a nimbus before getting out of the hospital.

key words "if he has the common sense"

it's sad players can't train that as a stat, it's amazing how many desperately need it
2008.Feb.21, 01:41 PM

touche
2008.Feb.21, 01:55 PM

Druchii Wrote:the fun is when you have to run from district to district, and tick hunt people when they leave hospital.

yes, but it takes 2 seconds to travel from a district to another so you're not that protected and if you want to run every 2 seconds(which could be considered fun) in another district that will cost you more than if you use stims and protein bars..

I think that travelling should take from 1 minute up to 10 minutes max, depending on the district you want to travel to. And in this way the wars will last longer and so the fun we'll have Biggrin

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Feb.21, 02:02 PM

i think it wouldn't be so bad if we'd still get the usual gang points from beating the hideout in the end, plus whatever from gang battles.

see my rant in the gang war points topic....
2008.Feb.21, 04:20 PM

You know what gang needs to come back, now? Balazar's gang. XD!!!!!
2008.Feb.21, 04:26 PM

It would make more sense to me if the points for taking the hideout remained the same regardless of the pvp factor.

Then the pvp gang points are icing on the cake.

However, I think some tweaking needs to be done on the pvp point system.

All in all though I have great hopes for the future of gang wars.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.