Wow costly wars
2008.Feb.21, 11:02 AM

i agree with you too phish, that does seem quite costly in many ways for little return. hopefully some more change will come.
2008.Feb.21, 11:05 AM

Actually I like that you can use both. Makes you able to do twice as much.

If you have a group that can work good togheter, combined with having players that are powerful enough compared to the other gang to do some damage you can actually get somewhere.

Think of it like this.

A high powered member from my gang mugs a player nearly as strong as him, he comes out from hospital with 2-300hp and then I can as the weaker member hospitalize him on that 2-300hp and net a 10point gain.

With this addition no player in this game is safe. And it adds to making plans before gang wars. Who you will hosp and who you will grind for gang war points before ending the other gangs HQ.

One thing I can see up the road is strong gangs adding weaker members that can net more gang war points in PVP vs lower powered gangs. Preventing people from making too high powered clicks.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Feb.21, 11:10 AM

We've been trying this tactic without much success. Im sure we need to work on it more to fully understand and utilize it better. It doesn't seem to be working quite as well as you described boondock.
2008.Feb.21, 11:11 AM

I think the idea behind the change is pretty good, its just getting way too costly. Maybe higher point gains for war victories?
2008.Feb.21, 11:14 AM

I think the point is being missed here.100k from my gang/100k from the other gang..competitive yes.But who doesent want to lose?If you want to win the cost is absurd for 7/20 gang points.Maybe if the win was 50 gang points standard it may , just may be worth it.
2008.Feb.21, 11:15 AM

I'm really seeing the difference between high level and low level players as kind of moot.

example.

a level 17 has 900 amount of hit point and X resistance.

I hit for 1 damage
they hit for 76
I hit for 2 damage
they hit for 50

I don't have to do 70 rounds to see how this is going to turn out.

ok, so 5 of us lowers jump in on this. even if it goes 70 rounds each, at an avg of 75 dmg against the higher level...

if he NEVER used any stims or health packs - it would take 12 rounds to take this joker down.

what is the cost on that for stims for all the lower levelers that keep getting
raped? What about if he heals himself? The battle cannot be won by lower levels no matter how many gang up.

Don't gangs have a membership cap? It'd take 12 lower level players all at once just vs a level 17... we're not talking even over 20.

maybe my math is wrong?

and then, how many gang points do we lose in the course of 12 lost battles?

Terrible and unfun situation.
2008.Feb.21, 11:15 AM

Druchii Wrote:One thing I can see up the road is strong gangs adding weaker members that can net more gang war points in PVP vs lower powered gangs. Preventing people from making too high powered clicks.

:: Ding :: :: Ding :: :: Ding ::

I like that idea a lot.

But along the lines of using both AP & Energy I think it is great. There need to be a few mod's put in place, more than I will mention here I'm sure.

1) There should be Mass Hideout attacks, either from multiple member collaborations or High Priced Weapons. If We get declared upon and the only way to stop the aggressors from farming me and my team for points is to crush the stronghold, then give me the Expensive, Dangerous, Costly but viable option of ending before it starts.

2) Farmng point Tweaking. the only people I have been able to get a GP off are the players that beat the snot out of me forcing to stim and attack twice. Now I just paid in excess of 4k for 5 return GP's. (After losing 10 in the initial fight)

Altogether more exciting than the old way, but costly, and unbalanced.

Also, If I war the X pats I would expect you guys to beat the pss outta me, cause I wanna do the same. If you wanna farm gngs for back up points, go ahead, but farm inactives.
2008.Feb.21, 11:18 AM

Druchii Wrote:A high powered member from my gang mugs a player nearly as strong as him, he comes out from hospital with 2-300hp and then I can as the weaker member hospitalize him on that 2-300hp and net a 10point gain.

not if he has the common sense to eat a nimbus before getting out of the hospital.
2008.Feb.21, 11:21 AM

I agree with the farming Marlo. Farming should be inactives or offline gangs. There's always that chance the offline will come on and PVP will start though.

We've been running some tests, we netted 4 pts from warring you and 15 others from combat for a total of 19. We just declared on an offline gang that was at good condition and netted 28 pts.
2008.Feb.21, 11:26 AM

PhisheVA Wrote:We've been running some tests, we netted 4 pts from warring you and 15 others from combat for a total of 19. We just declared on an offline gang that was at good condition and netted 28 pts.

Therein lies the problem. If we are gonna butt heads and throw each other in the hospital, it should net the victor of the hideout attack much more points then knocking down the doors of an abandoned hideout. It sure is harder to do.