Attack bug - new one (for me at least)
2006.Aug.11, 02:11 PM
Attack bug - new one (for me at least)
Greetings,
I was just attacking pimpster in the Rural District. In the middle of combat I got this message:
You can only attack someone when you have at least energy.
And the combat was over.
I didn't lose any exp (thankfully) that I noticed. It was just annoying to lose the energy.
Thanks,
Lostangel
2006.Aug.11, 04:53 PM

If you could be more specific about what you were doing, it would easier to figure out what happened.

Looking at them, looks like you haven't lost to him in a long time. Did it happen in the middle of combat, or did you win and not click on an option at the end of combat? Or did you happen to hit refresh or another link or have another browser window open or or or...

There are a lot of things that could have happened.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Aug.11, 06:01 PM

I believe I said I was in the middle of combat. Neither Pimpster nor I were particularally low on HPs, although it is within the realm of possibility that we were in Critical range.
I did not have another window open, nor hit refresh. I was just clicking on my weapon to continue the attack.
2006.Aug.11, 06:10 PM

Normally when people tell me they were in the middle of combat, they really end up being done with combat and ready to pick an option.. but they can't tell the difference. This is the reason I asked.

You remember what time on the server, the round number.. and who the heck is pimpster? Is that pimpsta101?

And, ahem, you using IE7? Smile

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Aug.11, 06:38 PM

thats what i was wondering...
Pimpster,who is that does she mean me?
2006.Aug.11, 11:41 PM

Yea, Pimpsta101. Smile
I don't remember the round number, but I seem to remember that we were in the middle of combat, as opposed to near the (expected) end. I do not know this for sure, but I was supprised at the message as I have not gotten it before. It is much different from the "refresh at the end of combat" message I get when I am home quite often, due to the now over-talked-about IE 7 issue I have.
The time was about 1 minute earlier than my post at 11 Aug 2006 13:11. And I was at work, so no IE7 (which I am running at home). It was on IE 6, with just one window open.
The message appeared in white text (the same color as when you do not have enough energy to attack someone), but the grammar is funny in the message I got. The message was cut straight from the screen, "You can only attack someone when you have at least energy."
That is all I have to go on. I was hoping the exact time might help narrow it down. There was basically no indication that a fight was in progress from my perspective. I only lost the energy from starting the fight.
2006.Aug.11, 11:50 PM

Did you notice the bottom footer of the site directly below that message, or was it in the normal position at the bottom of the page (most likely not in site unless you scrolled).

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Aug.12, 12:02 AM

I didn't notice. My feeling is that the screen looked "normal" so I expect teh footer was at the bottom of the page, and not right below the message. Should I get the message again, I'll grab a screenshot (I almost did last time too. Darn it!)
2006.Aug.12, 02:39 PM

I had a similar issue again, although this was close to the end of the fight. I got the message: You can only attack someone when you have at least 14 energy.
I expect that I had defeated them and had to refresh (due to IE7 bug). The footer was at the top of the page, just under the message. And it happened just before this post. 1 IE 7 window open, several tabs, but only 1 ingame.
2006.Aug.12, 10:46 PM

That error occurs when your session variables are lost, which is a cookie issue. Any programs running that could perhaps delete your cookies? Do you have the forums open and the game in those tabs (I'd consider tabs equal to windows when it comes to cookie information)?

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin