BANdages anyone?
2007.Jul.20, 01:50 PM

Personally i think it is fine the way it is. Those that can do it will and really those that have the power now have generally been pretty decent about things like this. Sure they may agressively defend themselves and yes maybe to soem their mthods are a little over the top...but they are not doing anything all that different than what others are doing.

Under the old code you just waited until a gang was offline and then attacked them like crazy. what happens now? pretty much the same thing.

under the old code you wronged someone stronger than you...either real or percieved. What happened? That's right you spent a whole lotta time with the nurses. What happens now? The same thing.

really nothing has changed and really despite the changes that could be made I doubt you will ever truly be able to change it. people need to accept the way it works.
2007.Jul.20, 01:54 PM

One strong way to change the course is to make medical supplies even cheaper. They've been lowered once, they can be again.

I understand AL having a small financial economy is important, to keep things from getting out of control, and we need certain money pits. However, with the new gang combat code we are all using more AP, so less revenues for us Smile

Make stims cheaper, and the hosping will be less effective.

*Limit gang wars to two a day or something like that too.*

EDIT:
*Limit gang wars to two a day or something like that too.*
I meant gang wars on the same gang to two.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Jul.20, 02:18 PM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:Make stims cheaper, and the hosping will be less effective.

Don't agree. I could make them $1 and people would still complain about being in the hospital. And the moment they use one they get 2 seconds before they are back in.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jul.20, 03:08 PM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:Anything having to do with taking more money or energy is pointless due to the main aggressors in AL or massive donators.

*Unless you make the REFILL ENERGY option by using credits in consecutive time cost more and more credits*
Can't really use that option, for every player that uses refills to attack more, 50 are using them to train. It already half blocks us at 10 train per day before costing 50% more, if it starts to cost more at the 2nd use, donations will become almost useless, except to sell for cash and donators pack. But will buy a lot of credits if they have to pay more and more to refill nrg?

Catch by cops sounds nice as it is realistic in a way. Cops aren't as dumb as some people may think, if you keep doing the same things over and over, they will eventually catch you.

Another suggestion I have, been thinking about it for a long time but never posted it before.
Make it so that if a person attacks another and fails, he/she will get the same time in the hospital as their victim would have got if they succeeded. What I basically mean is:
You attack and win, they get 10-50 mins
You attack and lose, you get 10-40 mins (based on personal exp)
You hospitalize and win, they get 50-300 mins~ (depending on level)
You hospitalize and lose, you get 10-40 mins
Same for berserk and mug.

Make it so that a failed hospitalization will get you in for 50-300 mins (based on level) too, same for berserk and mug.
2007.Jul.20, 03:51 PM

Dang, two excellent points. Thanks Zen and Thor. I withdraw everything but the Court System Smile

2007.Jul.20, 08:28 PM

zenith Wrote:
My Ideas (they are just ideas to discuss, doesn't mean I am going to code it in):

Make hospitalizations cost more energy. Doesn't necessarily need to be for all hospitalizations, but consecutive hits against the same opponent in a short timespan probably should be more expensive.

Make multiple hospitalizations against the same opponent over the course of a 24-hour period less effective. If someone keeps hitting you all day, perhaps the amount of time goes down the more they do it.

The more hospitalizations in a short period could reduce the effectiveness of the attacker's attacks. So the more they do it in a short timespan, the more their chances are of failing in combat.

Perhaps make it so there is a possibility of the attacker getting caught by cops if it's just too much.

I'm agreeable to something like this. I don't really like the idea of having to set limits but, when people lose track of all common sense something truely has to be done.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2007.Jul.21, 08:57 AM

I say leave it also. Sure, I have been hospitalized in the past by the same person over and over again. WHOOPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been hospitalized because somebody bypassed their Pres and whined to a BULLY who hospitalized me without even asking what was going on. Pay somebody some money to hospitalize that other person if you are getting hit over and over again.

I.E. I may just hire somebody to hospitalize the person who put me in the ER a little while back. As soon as I check out I will see if a few are online and maybe pay for them to hospitalize that person for a few days or a week.
2007.Jul.21, 10:07 AM

the people who are losing control don't care about energy. credits refresh energy, and the people abusing the community have unlimited access to credits. Not just what's going on now, but for future craziness. Energy and money restrictions will do nothing to curb hospitalizations. there must be another way. I can't offer any more solutions due to them being already kicked.

making hosping cost more energy will again only hurt the little person defending him or herself.

wait a minute?

MAYBE PERSONAL HIDING SPOTS, THEY COST A FULL BAR OF ENERGY LAST FOR X AMOUNT OF TIME AND YOU CAN STILL TRAIN Smile

2007.Jul.21, 10:13 AM

I like it lmao a bolt hole! lol :wink:

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl