AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: BANdages anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Dormagonn

After our recent excursion to a pretty and shiny white place - this little spelunker came to a conclusion - this game doesn't ban people for playing rude! :? And I know what you're thinkin' "his neck-brace is prolly too tight", but I am at a sane state at the moment. So I came up with a little suggestion - a limit!

2 "hosp's" per day* - 3rd one and yer out for a certain period (prefferably a week)
OR

6 "leaves" per day - 7th and yer out
OR

12"muggs" per day - 13th and yer out

Notice the pattern 1 "hosp"* = 3 "leaves" = 6 "muggs"

* "berzerk's" are also considered as "hosp's" in this system
* per day means 24h - so someone that hosp's me 2 times before midnight and 1 or 2 after gets the BAN.
I like this, but a weeks to long 3 days cooling down would be better. They have this on an other game I play and it works very will over there.

Dormagonn

yeah 3 days sounds more reasonable... but lets hear some more thoughts on this - anyone?

mrtickles

Injudicious attacks by a player tend to bring retribution. This is best left to the players.
Maybe a community tribunal Smile no limits though, sorry.
mrtickles Wrote:Injudicious attacks by a player tend to bring retribution. This is best left to the players.

There are is a group of players that beat on others for made up reasons, and unfortunately the community is not in a position to handle the constant abuse this group hands out. For right now the only viable solution the players can acquire is to be active and overthrow those abusing the community.

Metalman

well i could see if it were the same person doing it to the same person over and over thats sounds like a good way to put a stop to some unecessary roughness but if your suggesting putting a limit on ways for people to gain exp that doesnt sound right at all i mean look at what the object of the game is if we wanted to play nice i guess we'd pick dark grimoire
because thay have very strict harrassment rules
I don't think a suspension is the answer. Everyone goes on a rampage now and then. Some are better at it than others. If they want to hospitalize someone, they should have the option. But I do agree that there probably needs to be some sort of "diminishing returns" for continued hits on the same opponent in a short time span.

My Ideas (they are just ideas to discuss, doesn't mean I am going to code it in):

Make hospitalizations cost more energy. Doesn't necessarily need to be for all hospitalizations, but consecutive hits against the same opponent in a short timespan probably should be more expensive.

Make multiple hospitalizations against the same opponent over the course of a 24-hour period less effective. If someone keeps hitting you all day, perhaps the amount of time goes down the more they do it.

The more hospitalizations in a short period could reduce the effectiveness of the attacker's attacks. So the more they do it in a short timespan, the more their chances are of failing in combat.

Perhaps they cannot hospitalize you for more than 1440 minutes per day (24 hours * 60 minutes) without it being extremely expensive for them to continue. Those who use stimpacks to get out aren't home free this way, but they can at least know that if they ARE attacked by the same player again they know they will only be in there for 10 min.

Perhaps make it so there is a possibility of the attacker getting caught by cops if it's just too much.

Perhaps every player has 1440 minutes of hospitalization time they can use per day? They can hospitalize anyone until they reach that number, then the attack option is off the board. All attacks combined cannot go over twice this (which more than likely can't be reached often). Once over that number, any other attack only hospitalizes a short time.

Perhaps if you attack someone, you cannot attack them again with the same attack option for 5 to 10 minutes after the attack happened. So if someone doesn't stim out they are still fair game most of the time, but if they stim out before 5 to 10 minutes passes they are unattackable by that player for a bit. If they stim out after 5 to 10 minutes passes then they are still fair game.

Just thinking out loud.
Man, since I've began this game, I've heard SOOO many complaints about the whole hospializing issue.

zenith Wrote:Perhaps make it so there is a possibility of the attacker getting caught by cops if it's just too much.

I'm pretty busy today or I would have researched the original (or one of) posts about this and will state it again, I like the higher % of attacker getting caught by cops when hospitalized. Also make it that the % increases each time within a 36 hr period (24 hrs sometimes isn't enough time to cool off).
Anything having to do with taking more money or energy is pointless due to the main aggressors in AL or massive donators.

*Unless you make the REFILL ENERGY option by using credits in consecutive time cost more and more credits*

I like having a Supreme Court that the Admin picks to sit on a bench, either randomly or members of random gangs... blah blah.

Players who feel they are being harassed send a complaint to a member of the branch by mail or some other system. the board investigates the accusations with support from admin, or whatever, this is very loosely thought out.

for instance, if gang x is repeatedly hospitalizing gang y and gang y feels it's too overzealous then they would complain to the court the court then would decide if this is true or not and if it is pass judgment. punishments could be laid out by admin, or whatever.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's