499er Sponsored Combat Tournament
2007.Jul.20, 05:13 PM

there will be weapons, this one of several possibilities in the event there are stalemates or ties. nothing has been set in stone
2007.Jul.20, 05:43 PM

Why not have the player with least cyborg parts win? or perhaps just fight again with what energy you both have left.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2007.Jul.20, 06:24 PM

Why would having cybers be a penalty?? It's the same in the end to train less manually and get 1 lvl overnight then refresh madly and train twice as much manually.

You humans have to stop thinking cybers is bad or a huge advantage... For some1 active it's nothing to help them on the long run.
2007.Jul.20, 06:43 PM

I think its should be weps free, and the thing with cyber, id buy it if i thought it was better.. therefore i don't care if you are one or not. But if it were fists.. who could prove who lost the most hp? a normal fight could be proven just by the opposing fighter being in hospital.. easy.
2007.Jul.20, 10:42 PM

hydro9226 Wrote:Why would having cybers be a penalty?? It's the same in the end to train less manually and get 1 lvl overnight then refresh madly and train twice as much manually.

You humans have to stop thinking cybers is bad or a huge advantage... For some1 active it's nothing to help them on the long run.

lol i was just thinking of a way as an advantage over mudpies lol Biggrin

second attack hasits flaws too as you will have nimbus cheats and players in critical unable to be attacked. Unless its a fight that continues on and off all day till one is the victor.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2007.Jul.21, 05:43 PM

Last night was the deadline to register, even though I did add some entries today, I checked everyone's level last night at midnight and that is where you will compete. I spent the afternoon determining how the $499k prize money will be split amongst the winners and setting up the brackets for competition. I will get all the information in a readable format and post it by tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks to everyone for such a great response and to Mudpies for donating some of his hard earned cash.

Stay tuned for further developments.
2007.Jul.22, 11:10 AM

if fists are used to determine the outcome of stalemates, melees (players using melee as primary weapon) get an unfair edge. imo
2007.Jul.22, 11:19 AM

Brakets are coming out today, and tourneys tomarrow right?
2007.Jul.22, 12:02 PM

the tourny will take a few days.
2007.Jul.22, 12:07 PM

I think it would be pretty darn cool to have a fists only category....no armor either Smile

doh