so about the attacks under 50%..
2008.Feb.27, 11:35 AM

my god... what am I saying... I agree with marlo and a pest

::head explodes::
2008.Feb.27, 11:36 AM

i do get it-- how do you gain any gang points by "ganging up" on g2, or icingdeath, or whoever?

the first person loses, and loses 10 gang pts, then the 2nd person attacks and wins and gains them back?
2008.Feb.27, 11:47 AM

thawdgharp Wrote:i do get it-- how do you gain any gang points by "ganging up" on g2, or icingdeath, or whoever?

the first person loses, and loses 10 gang pts, then the 2nd person attacks and wins and gains them back?

i don't think the weaker player loses any points now for trying to attack a stronger player thawdgharp. which doesn't make much sense to me considering they can gain points if they win, it would only make sense if they lost at least something for their loss. here's what zen posted on conrad's "war code problem" thread:

zenith Wrote:Thank you for being specific with this issue. The bug is fixed. Now ganging up on someone stronger than you is not going to be worthless.

My intent was if you are weaker than your opponent and lose to them in a gang battle, you lose 0 gang points. Unfortunately I had it set up in the reverse order by mistake. Now I understand the anger and resentment. It only took a week. My apologies.
2008.Feb.27, 11:48 AM

thawdgharp Wrote:i do get it-- how do you gain any gang points by "ganging up" on g2, or icingdeath, or whoever?

You seem to be on the forums a whol;e bunch, so why are not privy to what Zen had written in another thread yesterday, where she said that the code has been changed so if you attack a higher level player you no longer lose points.

So, to answer your question, I bersek Icing death, then Weebay hits him in a gang battle, ana BAM, we have gotten 10 GP's.

Any other questions?
2008.Feb.27, 11:48 AM

thanks, i didn't see that post.
2008.Feb.27, 11:54 AM

does it really seem fair that the loser loses 0 points? i'm not saying they should lose 10 points like it was before zen fixed it but they should at least lose something for losing, esp if they have the potential to gain from victory. when you lose a pvp attack, you lose some exp, why isn't it the same?
2008.Feb.27, 11:54 AM

Well, what if this under 50% was active for only one district, the rest were normal?

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Feb.27, 11:56 AM

zenith Wrote:Well, what if this under 50% was active for only one district, the rest were normal?

Nope, then no one will go to that distrcit. Waste of coding.
2008.Feb.27, 12:01 PM

I agree w00k, but the point differential has to justify the attack. So if I attack 'X' high level player and lose 1-3 GP's the second attacker should be able to not only recover the lost GP's but gain a certain amount more for the defeat of'X' high level player.
2008.Feb.27, 12:06 PM

it's just not a loss if you don't lose something