Under level 40? Beat me and win some cash!
2012.Mar.12, 06:58 PM
RE: Under level 40? Beat me and win some cash!
(2012.Mar.12 05:51 PM)spacebird Wrote:  even by limiting it to battle stats, it's a bit difficult to gauge how the stats are dispersed from player to player. imo, it pays to really beef up your primary stat over any other.

I won't name names, but there's a player who claims to have primary battle stat 20 lower than mine and dexterity 10 lower, and he occasionally beats me. There are others in similar, albeit less extreme, boats from my experience.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2012.Mar.12, 08:38 PM
primary stats 20 lower cant beat you, unless they have borgs

and what do you mean by primary stats? my shotgun requires str and acc, but i still consider dex and acc my primary stats...
This post was last modified: 2012.Mar.12 08:39 PM by HeadBustin.

Wu tang
2012.Mar.12, 11:12 PM
(2012.Mar.12 08:38 PM)HeadBustin Wrote:  primary stats 20 lower cant beat you, unless they have borgs

and what do you mean by primary stats? my shotgun requires str and acc, but i still consider dex and acc my primary stats...

That's what I meant as well - he is a ranged user and I considered acc and dex as to his "main" stats...

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2012.Mar.12, 11:22 PM
Resistance, it does more than raise your power level.

2:28 pm icecoldchillin attacked you and lost. Delete
2:00 pm deadmanwalking attacked you and lost. Delete
2012.Mar.13, 03:28 AM
(2012.Mar.12 11:22 PM)CrazyFoley Wrote:  Resistance, it does more than raise your power level.

Resistance sometimes just dont get enough credit...

(2012.Mar.12 06:58 PM)Accipender Wrote:  
(2012.Mar.12 05:51 PM)spacebird Wrote:  even by limiting it to battle stats, it's a bit difficult to gauge how the stats are dispersed from player to player. imo, it pays to really beef up your primary stat over any other.

I won't name names, but there's a player who claims to have primary battle stat 20 lower than mine and dexterity 10 lower, and he occasionally beats me. There are others in similar, albeit less extreme, boats from my experience.

And also, how about your skills? How do the two of you compare, if he completely owns you in all of those it makes a big difference...
This post was last modified: 2012.Mar.13 03:28 AM by Duchbag69.

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2012.Mar.13, 07:01 AM
(2012.Mar.12 11:12 PM)Accipender Wrote:  
(2012.Mar.12 08:38 PM)HeadBustin Wrote:  primary stats 20 lower cant beat you, unless they have borgs

That's what I meant as well - he is a ranged user and I considered acc and dex as to his "main" stats...

i was referring to your primary attack stat (str for melee; acc for ranged). if one were to bloat their one stat way above their other stats, i would say that they would be effective in battle while still carrying a lower overall battle stat avg.
granted, i'm not saying that a person that comes into the game and only trains str or acc will be effective. still need the compliment of some dex and even res. but you would be able to take many people above your avg stat level.
This post was last modified: 2012.Mar.13 07:05 AM by spacebird.
2012.Mar.13, 07:19 AM
(2012.Mar.13 07:01 AM)spacebird Wrote:  

i was referring to your primary attack stat (str for melee; acc for ranged). if one were to bloat their one stat way above their other stats, i would say that they would be effective in battle while still carrying a lower overall battle stat avg.
granted, i'm not saying that a person that comes into the game and only trains str or acc will be effective. still need the compliment of some dex and even res. but you would be able to take many people above your avg stat level.

SBM Uses more Acc than Str. But both are needed in it.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2012.Mar.13, 07:31 AM
all weapons require you to work two stats to equip the top weapon. i did forget that SBM used acc as its top stat, either way, still the same principal applies. just to acc as opposed to str
2012.Mar.13, 07:35 AM
We've got a 3rd winner, congrats to Jools! $115,000 total prize money paid out!
2012.Mar.13, 09:56 AM
(2012.Mar.13 03:28 AM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  
(2012.Mar.12 06:58 PM)Accipender Wrote:  

And also, how about your skills? How do the two of you compare, if he completely owns you in all of those it makes a big difference...

I have 9 axe, 6 combat evasion, and 4 armor handling. It's worth noting, though that I have barely anything on me, and no armor. I have no idea what he has.

(2012.Mar.12 11:22 PM)CrazyFoley Wrote:  Resistance, it does more than raise your power level.

While my Resistance is low, I find it hard to believe that it can overcome such a huge disparity in main battle stats...

(2012.Mar.13 07:01 AM)spacebird Wrote:  

Yeah, I agree, but for the sake of example, I have 76 strength and 60 dexterity. There are people who beat me occasionally with 54 Accuracy and 53 Dexterity.