A quick note on updates
2012.Jan.23, 05:23 PM
RE: A quick note on updates
(2012.Jan.22 10:14 PM)cipher Wrote:  This update is ready to go.

This will be rolled out in two phases, the first will be that crime success rate and payout will now take into account your classes passed and your skills (plus some other undisclosed things), where appropriate. The second phase will be the progressive unlocking of crimes as you go, versus just dumping all crimes on anyone who attains level 5.

The reason for this is twofold. First, because I don't want to introduce two new things at once, in case someone finds a bug, it will be easier to diagnose. Second because the change in success rate/payout will affect everyone, whereas the unlocking of crimes will affect fewer players.

I am electing to wait until tomorrow to release the update, as it is getting late, and I want to be able to keep an eye on things after it's released.

Has it been released yet?

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2012.Jan.23, 05:26 PM
(2012.Jan.23 05:23 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  
(2012.Jan.22 10:14 PM)cipher Wrote:  This update is ready to go.

This will be rolled out in two phases, the first will be that crime success rate and payout will now take into account your classes passed and your skills (plus some other undisclosed things), where appropriate. The second phase will be the progressive unlocking of crimes as you go, versus just dumping all crimes on anyone who attains level 5.

The reason for this is twofold. First, because I don't want to introduce two new things at once, in case someone finds a bug, it will be easier to diagnose. Second because the change in success rate/payout will affect everyone, whereas the unlocking of crimes will affect fewer players.

I am electing to wait until tomorrow to release the update, as it is getting late, and I want to be able to keep an eye on things after it's released.

Has it been released yet?

Yeah, did you see the newspaper update?

That's what she said
2012.Jan.23, 05:28 PM
I don't generally read the newspaper anymore, its become a bit of a joke.

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2012.Jan.23, 07:59 PM
love the new update Razz
looks good, interesting...
This post was last modified: 2012.Jan.23 08:00 PM by selbaer.
2012.Jan.23, 08:08 PM
(2012.Jan.23 05:28 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  I don't generally read the newspaper anymore, its become a bit of a joke.

and ARCHIVE IT!!!

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2012.Jan.23, 08:17 PM
Already done.

Working on formatting the archived post as we speak.

And yes, this is live now.
2012.Jan.23, 08:17 PM
(2012.Jan.23 08:17 PM)cipher Wrote:  Already done.

Working on formatting the archived post as we speak.

And yes, this is live now.

Thank you!

2012.Jan.23, 08:25 PM
OMFG THANK YOU CIPHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, thanks!!!!

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2012.Jan.23, 08:27 PM
(2012.Jan.23 06:43 AM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  soooooo basically for higher-level players nothing changes except numbers?

thats exciting.

Actually, it's the opposite. It is for all players, and affects everyone.

The next phase will be the unlocking of crimes as you go, rather than having them all dumped on you at level five. This will have more of an affect on younger/lower level players for now, until new crimes are introduced.

This update gives more use to skills and classes you've either already taken, or plan on taking. It also opens the door for me to add new classes that will be beneficial in crimes, for example, a basic Private Investigation class.

(2012.Jan.22 10:33 PM)traumakush Wrote:  Could you give an example of a certain class affecting a certain crime so that I can wrap my head around the idea? Thanks cipher

I would expect a graduate level chemistry course to be of use in the manufacture of certain illegal drugs.
This post was last modified: 2012.Jan.23 08:31 PM by cipher.
2012.Jan.23, 11:04 PM
heres something else to work on.

Time Member Opponent Type Result Gang Points
January 23, 2012, 11:01:38 pm Conrad1103 HowlyChesticles Gang Hit Loss -10

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.