admin-player discussions
2012.Jan.25, 03:02 PM
RE: admin-player discussions
(2012.Jan.25 06:33 AM)spacebird Wrote:  
(2012.Jan.25 12:01 AM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  
(2012.Jan.24 11:53 PM)spacebird Wrote:  so you want all of the benefits of a large gang w/o paying for it? good call.

what attracted me to this game was people like pun, cheets, bender, howl, rj, bc, and so on caressing my nutsack and helping me along.

oh, wait...that never happened. instead i played against those stronger than me.

If this is referring to my post. I don't understand what you mean. I mean how would someone be getting the benefits of a large gang w/o paying for it if gangs were maxed out?

it was in reference to the post prior to mine. what's the point anyone building a gang of any size if you can just incorporate a ton of gangs and have them reap benefits from the parent gang, no matter how small the benefit. if you want someone in your gang, then you should find a spot for them. i don't know since when people think every new recruit should come in and own an arch mansion. it's a game ffs...not meant to be easy off the bat.

I agree with what your saying, they should be treated as two seperate entities... its all hypothetical, and its just my opinion of the idea...

(2012.Jan.25 02:46 PM)Budweiser Wrote:  Just to throw my 2 cents out here about the gang cap.

I'm indifferent as far as opinion but I will say that the 14 slots over the min that hab as cost an al fortune, and if a cap us going to be instituted then a reimbursent in part or whole if some sort needs to be given

Also bill get well soon, I had the same bug last week still not feeling 100% but Mich better.

Yes, there should be a reimbursement plus interest, as those funds could have been used elsewhere in the meantime...

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2012.Jan.25, 04:35 PM
i really don't see the game paying back to gangs to drop the slots. could be wrong, but i just don't see that happening. even if that was to happen, i don't know how many gangs would handle that, not really sure how we would. the money was donated to the gang by different people in amounts that i certainly don't keep track of. so it would be difficult to disperse it if you were to chose not to open another gang.

i don't dislike the idea of limiting gang capacity, but i really don't see where there is such an issue with too many people in one or two gangs. there are openings in gangs that have been around a long time and are pretty stable. i really don't buy people not having anywhere to go as a noob as a huge problem. hell when i first started i played for almost two years without being in a major gang. not all noobs should be thrown into warring gangs off the bat. the root of the problem the past couple years has been retaining players. long time, active players that bring more than just another number to the game. think of the people that either came back for a brief stint recently or quit recently. loki, wook, bishop, thor, ci, thorm, ronin, sg, dingus, tommi, marlo, propjoe, the list goes on. some for one reason or another, but mostly cause of lack of care in how the game was being run. not intending to bash zen, just my perception. seems like cipher is trying to do a lot, so hopefully when he gets some different things rolling and good system for updates inline, maybe some of these people will come back and maybe there will be some newer players starting to build up as well. and donating. bitch all you want about people putting money into the site ::cough36cough:: but that is the reason it exists and, like it or not, without donations it does not.
This post was last modified: 2012.Jan.25 04:39 PM by spacebird.
2012.Jan.25, 04:59 PM
I dont really see limiting gang capacity as a big way to attract new players, i see it more as a way to increase competition and make the game more interesting for the current player base to keep them around...

when i was younger and before i went to DM i was in relatively smaller gangs and wars were actually pretty interesting, because there was a lot of competition, and winning wasnt a for sure thing....it was a part of the reason i spent soooo much time playing this game back then....

There will always be a few power gangs even if you limit capacity to 20.. if you took the top 20 players in Habitat together in a gang, they would almost surely beat most anybody..

The difference now from when SV was the powerhouse is the player base is half the size...the real problem is the lack of advertising and updates etc.. turning people away, but most wont come back, so you might as well try and keep those here interested and slowly build the base back up...

like I said, just my opinion, and i don't expect many too like it or agree with it...or even see it being realistic without the majority being onboard with it...but just my vision now, looking back..

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2012.Jan.26, 07:19 AM
more gangs don't necessarily mean that they will be warring. a lot of people don't seem to think warring is worth the ap with so few things to spend gps on.
2012.Jan.30, 01:36 PM
Bump

Also what about gang wars giving small amounts of xp, i feel like if we could get xp from them then maybe people would war more, thus increasing the competition between gangs

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2012.Jan.30, 01:46 PM
(2012.Jan.30 01:36 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  Bump

Also what about gang wars giving small amounts of xp, i feel like if we could get xp from them then maybe people would war more, thus increasing the competition between gangs

I agree, maybe 1 to 25xp per attack depending on level. As it is, i feel like it is a waste of ap that i would rather use for criming. Some individual incentives would work a lot better than gang points imo.

1.) You hit for 1407 points of damage. xxxxxxx resists 16 for a total of 1391 damage.
2012.Jan.30, 02:11 PM
(2012.Jan.30 01:46 PM)StreetSamurai Wrote:  
(2012.Jan.30 01:36 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  Bump

I agree, maybe 1 to 25xp per attack depending on level. As it is, i feel like it is a waste of ap that i would rather use for criming. Some individual incentives would work a lot better than gang points imo.

Or just have it at 1-2 exp gained per ap spent, automatically levels with...well, level, and it's not a huge amount, probably around a few thousand exp per week for mid-level relatively active players.
2012.Jan.30, 02:23 PM
so... the game is already very limited and you're willing to limitate it even more?

do you have any idea how much costs our next slot?!? i think its already a fair limitation..

competition is only possible with players and the only way to get them is with advertising/voting rewards and regular updates...

"No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." - Fernando Pessoa
2012.Jan.30, 02:47 PM
i'm well aware of the price for out next slot. and i also agree that new players will breed competition, but i think that adding some exp on to gang wars really wouldn't cause too much difference other than maybe get people to war more. i know it's come up a few times before. i dunno i am just throwing any idea i come up with up here to see what everyone thinks.

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2012.Jan.30, 02:50 PM
if you guys think more gangs are a good idea, and you dont want to drop slots, then take it into your own hands and make a gang. many have spawned recently. you could be next.

Wu tang