TTDLv4
2011.Aug.04, 01:05 PM
TTDLv4
UPDATED - August 6 2011

This is The To Do List version 4

Here is a list of ideas that many people in the community of added to, and please, continue to do so. since they are all from different people (including myself) given on different dates, i've decided to organize them by category rather than by date given:

LOCAL SCHOOL:

-Add new classes
-Add what classes can affect (affect skills? crimes? etc)

GANGS:

Add new gang upgrades:
Instead of just combat, what about gym, crime success/reward, or a bank interest increase upgrade for the whole gang?

SKILLS:

-New skills? I personally think skills need a complete overall. there is absolutely no choice in weaponry once you've chosen a skill. that's completely absurd.
-Skills that affect hospitalization times
-Skills that increase money from crimes and crime success
-skills that increase the effectiveness of career abilities and career point gain or even career point conversion
-Add in a potential skills reset system (to compensate for this currently absurd system)
-Cap cost to the tests ($200,000+ is a bit much, esp. for a failure)
-> maybe 25% of the cost if you fail, at least past a certain level?

COMBAT:

-update the combat.. what happened to that multiple fighter combat crap? yeah, that's all gone
- Have an armor rating system so that certain armors are better against certain weapons and worse vs. others. this should be simple enough.. it may be a nice counter to the stupid skills we have that force you to choose a weapon (although it would then be rigged vs. certain players if you know what weapon they use, since they are STUCK with one, and that would then force a skills remake. HINT HINT)

CAREERS:

Please see: http://forums.awakenedlands.com/thread-15672.html

Also, i think we should have the option for a careers reset (or change), at the cost of 100% of your current promotion cost, you can CHANGE careers to another one at the same level (permanent change until you do it again).
(i.e. if you're a level 5 athletics and it costs you 4,000 points to promote to level 6 [or whatever, i dont care if the number is right], you could instead use 4,000 points to change to a level 6 of any other career)

other miscellaneous career ideas:

special crimes for manufacturer
a system to remove unwanted cyberware for doctors
the ability to cyberware and electronics as well as creating drugs for scientists
military-specific equipment
the ability to build and repair armor for engineers
Medical being able to "bust" others out of the hospital

DONATOR HOUSE
-New options for spend credits
-Credit Transfer possibilities

ITEMS:

-Automatic Stacking of "like" items (with the negligible option to "split" them)
-"Other" career possibilities (law enforcement, which could be used to reduce another player's ability to commit crimes)
-good "crimes" (we are all bad guys... but we all have legitimate career opportunities including medical and military... i'm soooooo lost)
-More usable items (possibly from crimes)
-Add in a "note" when sending cash and items so people dont go zomg why are u sending me X item?
-Add some balance to the weapons. In many cases, these "wild" criticals from other weapons (like pistols) outweigh the "consistent" dmg of shotguns, for example
-Increase the minimum sale price of armor and weapons (at LEAST 50% of the purchase cost, preferably 66%)

TRAVEL:

-possibly add a "courier" item that can buy a limited amount of items from other districts (stims/healing items only, can only go to/from downtown)
-Frequent flier miles?

CRIMES:

-good "crimes" (we are all bad guys... but we all have legitimate career opportunities including medical and military... i'm soooooo lost)

JAIL:

-improved jail gym (lose less happiness or "gain" happiness as a possibility to counter for the terrible gym gains)
- i call for a revamp of the jail-busting AP cost. i think it should be 20 AP per jail bust, regardless of player. certain careers should be able to reduce the AP cost of your jailbusting as a PASSIVE ABILITY (also, i want careers to, at certain intervals, have PASSIVE bonuses that are earned by getting that far in a career. right now they are worthless). self-busting should always be 50% of your total energy.
- Scientist could use career points to repair broken DeMags (among other things), and provide a temporary boost the the effectiveness of stuff such as Hideout Turrets (even though i think wars are pointless)
-when in hospital/jail, your hosp/jail time should be listed at the top of the screen, in addition to seeing you listed amongst the ranks

EXP:

-EXP daily tracking logger

POI:

-Change pantheon of infamy to top 75 or top 100
- we already have stat rankings on our homepage, lets add your overall stat ranking to homepage
- show level and USERID on the POI?
- remove inactive players

OTHER:

-Character quests (with some rewards)
-Milestone "tag" rewards (10,000 crimes! 500 jail busts! etc. only the best of each category is listed on your profile to show what you've done, and each one gives you a bonus, whether its a % of your endurance level (or flat dev. points to be even across the board), cash, or a special item/bonus (crime success increase etc)

i repeat, other ideas are welcomed and encouraged. if i've forgotten or overlooked anything, please let me know and i'll add it in here or we can discuss

note that i have "updated" my own page... it is now different than before, hopefully for the better.. hopefully the message will be received
This post was last modified: 2011.Aug.06 10:08 AM by abysmalpoptart.

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2011.Aug.04, 09:06 PM
RE: TTDLv4
thoughts?

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2011.Aug.05, 09:07 AM
Great job. I agree with all of these. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Id like a cap price on the skills tests. Shit gets out of hand. God forbid you fail a $200,000 test with an A.

Minimum hosp time on zercks (200?).

Top 100 of stats, etc in poi.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2011.Aug.05, 09:53 AM
(2011.Aug.05 09:07 AM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  Top 100 of stats, etc in poi.

No inactive players....I think a POI with only active players will be great
2011.Aug.05, 10:25 AM
Overall POI, and active players POI would be nice.

2:28 pm icecoldchillin attacked you and lost. Delete
2:00 pm deadmanwalking attacked you and lost. Delete
2011.Aug.05, 11:07 AM
(2011.Aug.04 09:06 PM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  thoughts?

i think, a few years ago, zen said she was gonna consider gang gym. or something on those lines. i always love your ttd lists.

FilthyMick hits Ramon Wiley for 1849 damage. Ramon Wiley resists 43 for a total of 1806 damage.
2011.Aug.05, 10:11 PM
thanks all for your comments and ideas Smile i'll look into adding basically all of them, and i'm glad you guys enjoy my (and your!) work Smile

2011.Aug.05, 10:17 PM
Now if only Zen will get to work on this too.

2:28 pm icecoldchillin attacked you and lost. Delete
2:00 pm deadmanwalking attacked you and lost. Delete
2011.Aug.06, 12:46 AM
good work abysmalpoptart we need more people like you why are you not a mod CoolCool

RED DEAD REDEMPTION SAY IT AINT SO BITCH

2011.Aug.06, 06:59 AM
What about a ranking overal stat list? So you know where your overall stats are at. could be added to players profile for them to only see.