Identity Fraud
2011.Mar.01, 05:09 AM
Identity Fraud
How about an Identity Fraud crime?

Everytime you mug someone there is a small chance to get a personal document (Passport, Driving License) which the mugged user does NOT know about.. Once you have another users document you get a new crime - 'Identity Fraud Preparation' which you have to carry out say 5 times a day for 5 days. After that you can carry out an 'Identity Fraud' crime, which has a given percentage of success (33% success, 33% Busted, 33% fail - or whatever). If you success you get a random percentage of that users bank account cash (say about 10%).

You could also add in a feature where is the victim realises they have been robbed they can 'report Identity Fraud' within 2 days or so. This then gives a 50% chance of getting their money back and the person commiting the crime a long spell in jail or 50% chance of the police finding nothing and the money staying with the theif. In this scenario the 'Report Identity Fraud' link would always be available, and if you continue to incorrectly report an Identity Fraud then your are put in jail for 'wasting police time'.

Thoughts .....
2011.Mar.01, 07:24 AM
RE: Identity Fraud
It's an ok idea, The Random chance of stealing a personal document fom each mug is a good idea. But I don't think it should be so extensive to take 5 days, and I also don't think it should effect the person from whom the document was taken.

Maybe there is say a 5% chance you can find a random item, each item has a different value, ie. A gold tooth, diamond ring, Drivers liscence, glasses or keys. All these items are collectibles and have a trade in value which depends on the item ( gold ring trade in value = 5k, glasses = $400)

this way it won't effect the mugged person, but may bring abit more mugging and excitement into the game

19.) You hit for 1195 points of damage. XXX resists 2 for a total of 1193 damage.
2011.Mar.01, 08:17 AM
What about a crime who give.....CREDITS instead money,like a 30+AP crime

He is back....
2011.Mar.03, 08:21 PM
I think the idea of a few new crimes that do more then just make money is a worth while idea. The sympak crime has worked well, and I figure if we do add more crimes they should be more then just cash gains. Put them in different districts, set level requirements, introduce new items, etc. The original idea would be great, I think it might be a little to complicated for this game, though. Having crimes that just give special items or credits is a little more likely to be put into effect

Whatever bitch. I'm a pegasus pony.
2011.Mar.03, 09:38 PM
(2011.Mar.01 07:24 AM)shadow55 Wrote:  It's an ok idea, The Random chance of stealing a personal document fom each mug is a good idea. But I don't think it should be so extensive to take 5 days, and I also don't think it should effect the person from whom the document was taken.

Maybe there is say a 5% chance you can find a random item, each item has a different value, ie. A gold tooth, diamond ring, Drivers liscence, glasses or keys. All these items are collectibles and have a trade in value which depends on the item ( gold ring trade in value = 5k, glasses = $400)

this way it won't effect the mugged person, but may bring abit more mugging and excitement into the game

+1

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2011.Mar.03, 09:39 PM
(2011.Mar.03 08:21 PM)bebopcrew420 Wrote:  I think the idea of a few new crimes that do more then just make money is a worth while idea. The sympak crime has worked well, and I figure if we do add more crimes they should be more then just cash gains. Put them in different districts, set level requirements, introduce new items, etc. The original idea would be great, I think it might be a little to complicated for this game, though. Having crimes that just give special items or credits is a little more likely to be put into effect

+1

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2011.Mar.08, 07:29 PM
What about crimes that find materials. A hard to manufacture scope lens, a vial of dicoate adhesive, a tough to find car part.

Then with these raw items, they can be used to create things. The scope lens with an optics mount for a sniper rifle, or the dicoate adhesive WITH dicoate (diamond coating) for edged weapons, or the car parts that make a customized vehicle.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2011.Mar.08, 07:39 PM
Uhm weapon upgrades would be cool.

3:36 pm You received $36 from Mac.

12,600,036$ robbed from him.
2011.Mar.08, 08:10 PM
(2011.Mar.08 07:29 PM)zenith Wrote:  What about crimes that find materials. A hard to manufacture scope lens, a vial of dicoate adhesive, a tough to find car part.

Then with these raw items, they can be used to create things. The scope lens with an optics mount for a sniper rifle, or the dicoate adhesive WITH dicoate (diamond coating) for edged weapons, or the car parts that make a customized vehicle.

You are talking about a crafting system?

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2011.Mar.08, 08:29 PM
(2011.Mar.08 07:29 PM)zenith Wrote:  What about crimes that find materials. A hard to manufacture scope lens, a vial of dicoate adhesive, a tough to find car part.

If you could make a car you could travel cheaper and have a better chance at some crimes?

Proud US Navy Veteran
Just because you CAN cuss doesn't mean you NEED to....