New Storage
2007.Sep.21, 09:10 AM

The better the stats are for what you are carrying the less you will be effected by the encumbrance code I presume.
2007.Sep.21, 09:18 AM

g2o2d4wp Wrote:The better the stats are for what you are carrying the less you will be effected by the encumbrance code I presume.

it's probably just the weight... the more weight you are carrying, the higher your encumbrance.

stats of what you are carrying (besides weight) having any effect on encumbrance would be entirely illogical.
2007.Sep.21, 10:14 AM

Eventually your strength and endurance will determine the amount you can carry before being considered "encumbered". It won't limit how much you can actually carry though.

Eventually you will want to carry less than your "maximum carrying capacity" else your movements in combat will be a bit slower. That part is not live yet. I wanted people to be able to play around with the system and get familiar with it before the rest of the code is released.

I don't want to make things too much of a chore with this new code, so most people will be fine without having to use storage. Those of us who like to hoard things will want to use storage though.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Sep.21, 12:28 PM

Will it tell you if your carring too much, or will you just find out in battle? (When it goes live)
2007.Sep.21, 12:32 PM

valleroy86 Wrote:Will it tell you if your carring too much, or will you just find out in battle? (When it goes live)

Yes it will tell you your carrying capacity and how much your "encumbrance rating" is.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Sep.21, 12:37 PM

can we assume that weapons won't be 'gimped' by their contribution to encumbrance?
2007.Sep.21, 12:41 PM

zenith Wrote:
valleroy86 Wrote:Will it tell you if your carring too much, or will you just find out in battle? (When it goes live)

Yes it will tell you your carrying capacity and how much your "encumbrance rating" is.

Cool, thanks for the quick responce. Biggrin

Also, you have a start date of when you want to start implementing this?
2007.Sep.21, 12:46 PM

torxim Wrote:can we assume that weapons won't be 'gimped' by their contribution to encumbrance?

Not sure what this means, but items aren't changing in any way due to this addition. I was thinking of adding ammo types in the future, but that's another topic.

valleroy86 Wrote:Also, you have a start date of when you want to start implementing this?

I'm not one to have release dates. I am more of a "it will be released when ready" type.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Sep.21, 12:49 PM

zenith Wrote:
torxim Wrote:can we assume that weapons won't be 'gimped' by their contribution to encumbrance?

Not sure what this means, but items aren't changing in any way due to this addition. I was thinking of adding ammo types in the future, but that's another topic.

just thinking of the relative effectiveness of weapons. i.e. the ratio of damage to increase in encumbrance.

super light medium damage weapon would do as much damage over time as a really high powered heavy weapon. that type of thing Smile
2007.Sep.21, 12:54 PM

torxim Wrote:just thinking of the relative effectiveness of weapons. i.e. the ratio of damage to increase in encumbrance.

super light medium damage weapon would do as much damage over time as a really high powered heavy weapon. that type of thing Smile

Carrying too much will definitely make you slower in combat. It might not affect the damage you do as much as how well you avoid hits, but it will affect it.

It's not going to be where if you are 1 kg over your capacity you are suddenly going to be worthless. The more you are over the limit, the more the effect on combat will be. I don't think people will notice much difference until they go way over the limit.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin