Hacked
2011.Jan.05, 03:17 PM
RE: Hacked
well. i must say i'm glad to have these back, and with new rules. although i'd like to know if anything is known about the hacker. why take out AL? or even more so why would anyone bother to hack tc?

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2011.Jan.05, 03:30 PM
(2011.Jan.05 03:17 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  well. i must say i'm glad to have these back, and with new rules. although i'd like to know if anything is known about the hacker. why take out AL? or even more so why would anyone bother to hack tc?

Why more so for TC?

That's what she said
2011.Jan.05, 03:41 PM
(2011.Jan.05 02:49 PM)zenith Wrote:  We had backup of the exact point the hack happened, so nothing should be missing from that point. Ya Dingus, big fail on my part.

On a side note, Torn city got hacked on the 31st and they lost a lot of data. Not trying to deflect blame here, but someone was having a fun time during XMas break.

Zen doesn't keep bank account info, she doesn't even get it. Paypal keeps track of that stuff. Thats what everyone should of changed, Paypal usernames and passwords, Amazon , or any other site that holds your credit card info, IF you use the same login info on there as you do on AL.

Edit: Dingus didn't you retire from AL on Facebook over a month ago?
This post was last modified: 2011.Jan.05 03:42 PM by Joshiwa.
2011.Jan.05, 04:27 PM
(2011.Jan.05 02:49 PM)zenith Wrote:  We had backup of the exact point the hack happened, so nothing should be missing from that point.

I beg to differ on this, although it isn't a big deal. I took and passed a skills test before the hack, and afterwards I was back to my prior rank and had to test again.
This post was last modified: 2011.Jan.05 04:28 PM by mblume.
2011.Jan.05, 04:52 PM
(2011.Jan.05 04:27 PM)mblume Wrote:  
(2011.Jan.05 02:49 PM)zenith Wrote:  We had backup of the exact point the hack happened, so nothing should be missing from that point.

I beg to differ on this, although it isn't a big deal. I took and passed a skills test before the hack, and afterwards I was back to my prior rank and had to test again.

I thought my skills and gym trains were down too. Its not much it could of been worse I guess. At least we still get to play, another game I used to play reset everyone to lvl 1 Jan 1st. Admin is a lunatic and the players there are just as crazy since they hold the admin's word as the gospel. First online RPG cult I've ever run into.
2011.Jan.05, 05:00 PM
(2011.Jan.05 04:52 PM)Joshiwa Wrote:  
(2011.Jan.05 04:27 PM)mblume Wrote:  

I thought my skills and gym trains were down too. Its not much it could of been worse I guess. At least we still get to play, another game I used to play reset everyone to lvl 1 Jan 1st. Admin is a lunatic and the players there are just as crazy since they hold the admin's word as the gospel. First online RPG cult I've ever run into.

Yeah it was a level 4 test, so only $16K. I would have been a bit more upset if it was one of the $100K ones.
2011.Jan.05, 05:46 PM
(2011.Jan.05 03:30 PM)bconrad56 Wrote:  
(2011.Jan.05 03:17 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  well. i must say i'm glad to have these back, and with new rules. although i'd like to know if anything is known about the hacker. why take out AL? or even more so why would anyone bother to hack tc?

Why more so for TC?

TC is pretty much a crappy run off of al as far as i know. and i believe it has a smaller player base.

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2011.Jan.05, 06:00 PM
(2011.Jan.05 05:46 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  
(2011.Jan.05 03:30 PM)bconrad56 Wrote:  

Why more so for TC?

TC is pretty much a crappy run off of al as far as i know. and i believe it has a smaller player base.

Smaller player base? You don't know what you're talking about dude. Not saying it's a better game, but it is more successful. And seeing that it's older, I'd say Al is a run off of tc
2011.Jan.05, 06:02 PM
I would change any other sites pass that you shared this email with...when i went to my email login my account had been locked due to too many tries...i havent used that account in over 6 months...so change them all...i suggest using one special email just for games and only use that pass on the games and then a different one on the email...thank god i used a different pass on that mail account

doh
2011.Jan.05, 06:15 PM
(2011.Jan.05 06:02 PM)Punisher Wrote:  I would change any other sites pass that you shared this email with...when i went to my email login my account had been locked due to too many tries...i havent used that account in over 6 months...so change them all...i suggest using one special email just for games and only use that pass on the games and then a different one on the email...thank god i used a different pass on that mail account

if it was someone who plays this game you would have been one of the first ppl they tried to take advantage of i am guessing. everyone should change their email. most things like passwords to paypal go into them.

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
Thread Closed