AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Hacked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I can't believe everyone would rather talk about forum rules and Candy rather than what happened to the game over the holidays. Did anyone get their financials hacked or lose any other valuables or info? Was it just some random douche that hacked the site? Does anyone care anymore?
I care aboot you thrillhouse! And yes, looks as if everyones personal info and credit card info was snatched up and is now available for anyone to see.
Epic FAIL zen.....add to the list of many!
apparently the code can be accessed as easy as just typing in google? those that have donated... do they have our bank details, zen?
We had backup of the exact point the hack happened, so nothing should be missing from that point. Ya Dingus, big fail on my part.

On a side note, Torn city got hacked on the 31st and they lost a lot of data. Not trying to deflect blame here, but someone was having a fun time during XMas break.
(2011.Jan.05 02:38 PM)awesomo Wrote: [ -> ]apparently the code can be accessed as easy as just typing in google? those that have donated... do they have our bank details, zen?

They don't have credit card info or anything. Paypal doesn't even share that information with us, so no way we could have had it in the database. Just remember to have non-simple passwords, and don't share passwords used in AL with other accounts.
(2011.Jan.05 02:49 PM)zenith Wrote: [ -> ]We had backup of the exact point the hack happened, so nothing should be missing from that point. Ya Dingus, big fail on my part.

On a side note, Torn city got hacked on the 31st and they lost a lot of data. Not trying to deflect blame here, but someone was having a fun time during XMas break.

Uhhhhh.....about that credit card information?
unless paypal was hacked also, i'd imagine cc info is safe.

fucking mods.Rolleyes
What if I just used my credit card and didn't use paypal?

Fucking Birds.
All that was leaked was the log in names, e-mail addresses and in some case's passwords, which i hope everybody has changed..!! No credit card details or any info like that.
(2011.Jan.05 02:53 PM)Monk Wrote: [ -> ]What if I just used my credit card and didn't use paypal?

Fucking Birds.

We don't accept CC payments that are not through Paypal, so there is nothing to store in that regard. When you use a credit card to donate to us, it goes through Paypal and we don't get access to the card number or anything. It looks like a standard donation to us.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's