Veterans day
2010.Nov.11, 06:53 PM
RE: Veterans day
(2010.Nov.11 06:49 PM)Troopermccue Wrote:  memorial day is to remember those that died in battle, i believe. veterans day is for those that served. farging aussies.

and, rj, i know and you never disappoint Wink

we all stop as a nation at 11am on 11 november for a minute to remember the fallen soldiers mate. i thought you guys did that too. we have anzac day to celebrate the returned soldiers.

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2010.Nov.11, 06:59 PM
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place: and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
WE SHALL NOT SLEEP,
THOUGH POPPIES GROW
IN FLANDERS FIELDS.
2010.Nov.11, 07:04 PM
(2010.Nov.11 06:53 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote:  
(2010.Nov.11 06:49 PM)Troopermccue Wrote:  memorial day is to remember those that died in battle, i believe. veterans day is for those that served. farging aussies.

we all stop as a nation at 11am on 11 november for a minute to remember the fallen soldiers mate. i thought you guys did that too. we have anzac day to celebrate the returned soldiers.

i don't believe we do...or at least i have never encountered that custom here. and i was just ragging dude, a vet is a vet whether they lived or died.
2010.Nov.11, 07:06 PM

We do that here...

9:17 am BenderRodriguez attacked you and lost.
20.Feb.13 TheGeneral attacked you and lost.

4488 SV pUn 69 16 Lost in an individual gang battle to Mac.
12.Oct.11 TheGeneral attacked you and lost.
2010.Nov.11, 07:10 PM
(2010.Nov.11 07:04 PM)Troopermccue Wrote:  

i don't believe we do...or at least i have never encountered that custom here. and i was just ragging dude, a vet is a vet whether they lived or died.

haha.. its all good man i knew you where mucking around. was just curious as to whether you guys had the same tradition. Smile

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2010.Nov.11, 08:23 PM
AMEN!
2010.Nov.11, 09:14 PM
Thank you to all who have served, and serving.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2010.Nov.11, 09:28 PM

It all comes from the same day. Armistice Day. The First World War ended at 11am, November 11, 1918. In the US, the remembrance morphed into a day to recognize the sacrifice of all veterans who have honorably served our country.

The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
2010.Nov.11, 11:23 PM
We wear a poppy
On Remembrance Day,
And at eleven
We stand and pray.
Wreaths are put
Upon a grave.
As we remember
Our soldiers brave.

In honour of all who have fought for a freedom.

***Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your arse will be disconnected!***

**The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.**
2010.Nov.12, 05:10 AM
I salute all veterans US, UK, Aussie, NZ and all our European brothers and allies.

I respect all those who have fallen............*

Obama's balls, your chin...............Suckers..........Duped again.
Benders face, my ass....................Sucker Dupe