stats
2007.Sep.23, 07:25 AM
stats
I heard thats since teh battles system has been changed/tweaked or whatever was done to it.. having your stats equal to your level isnt good enough anymore.. so my question is what would be considered good/passable stat levels these days?
2007.Sep.23, 07:56 AM

This is an oppinion question/answer... some people may think you should level and stat as it goes... others think you need higher stat levels then your character level... it all depends on who you are and what way you want to go IMO.
2007.Sep.23, 02:28 PM

In my own opinion, the rule of thumb is to have your stats equal than your level. What's better than that, is to have stats better than your level.

Remember, this is my opinion and not HARD fact.

If you are melee:

Str and Dex for the win; followed by Res.; Acc is for people who have too much time.

Why?

Str: Damage, more the better.
Dex: Hit and dodge, pretty nice that you have a 2 in 1 here.
Res: Haven't seen much of a difference between having a high Res to a low one.
Int: Only if you want to use the I-Whip
Acc: Just for the bonus in the crime success aspect.

If you use ranged:

Acc and Dex for the win; followed by Res and End; Str for using the high tier weapons.

Why?

Acc: If you can't hit them, you can't even think about doing critical damage.
Dex: Dodging is a requirement.
End: For the Ares Pistol
Res: Haven't seen much of a difference between having a high Res to a low one.
Str: A must to use the better guns.

It seems that Ranged users tend to be a forced all-round player, while Melee users do better in combat but worse in crimes (in relation to the stat placement). Although it seems that Ranged users seem to have the ability to switch from Ranged or Melee based according to the requirements for weapons.

I am guessing that if you made a pure Melee warrior, you would go through the level and ranks faster because you would only need to put emphasis on a few stats as opposed to all of them; also because of the low level of overall stats, you would get more exp per hit.

Let us assume this scenario of two level 10 gangsters with 5000 development points; one a Melee fighter, the other a Ranged user.

(1920 development pts. = 10 levels in a stat)

Melee:

Acc: level 1, 0 pts.
Dex: level 10, 1920 pts.
Res: level 8, 1160 pts.
Str: level 10, 1920 pts.

Weapon: RazorWhip

Ranged:

Acc: level 8, 1520 pts.
Dex: level 8, 1160 pts.
Res: level 8, 1160 pts.
Str: level 8, 1160 pts.

Weapon: Peacemaker

Combat is based on stats, weapon damage, and chance, but you can see that the Melee fighter is superior and will gain more xp for the win based on stat levels, (29 vs 32 respectively). Granted, I don't really know the formula for how battles are taken (even if I DID know, I wouldn't post it because I would hate for Zen to tinker with it again).

All this is still my opinion, and I would like to hear anyone else's thoughts and opinions on my theory. Also, if this guide is helpful, I give Yoda the right to use it on his site or let it be stickied here on the forums or moved to help guides.
2007.Sep.23, 02:55 PM

I actually disagree with the statement above. Ranges users can beat str users, it's all how the user trains.

And res is a harder stat to train. Let's just say you don't train it and have the best armor you can have without training it (Secure-Coat Longcoat), and I train it and have a SIC. If we have the same stats, we may stale, the Sic might win, either way the person with a SIC is going to do more damage since they resist more. You may not see the effects of res now at your level. But I guarentee you you'll see it when you start leveling up and start fighting people with better armor than you.

As for the original question, I personally keep my stats above my level. Or I try to.
2007.Sep.24, 12:10 AM

Quote:Str: Damage, more the better.
That's the only part of all that post I agree to. The rest is inexact or completely false.

And those 2 players with those stats and weapons would stale btw.
2007.Sep.24, 07:05 AM

yeah well Im a melee user and even still im workin on haveing ALL my combat stats equal (including resistance and acc) But the reason i asked is i noticed i get my butt kicked (like literally) 80% of the time while the other 15% id say are stales.. and all those people that kick my butt are using guns (and i see a sitnifigantamount of dmg on those i take anywher from 30-40 dmg each hit) so Im wondring if guns are just far superior to melee or am i just doing something wrong lol... btw wahst an SIC?

Also everyone Ive attacked that doesnt kick my butt ALWAYS end in a stalemate (unless theyre SERVERELY under my lvl like lvl 4 or 3 or lower lol) not once have a won a fight in one attack I usually have to attack.. stale... wait for their health to be in "fair condition" then attack them again to kill em lol.. Ive never taken anyone from "Good" health don to 0 HP in one attack.
2007.Sep.24, 07:11 AM

nvm i found out what SIC is btw how do you get that? or more importantly since my stats wont be THAT high anytime soon how do you get a AA303 Military Vest? theres no pice or area listed for that armor at the guide site.
2007.Sep.24, 07:19 AM

Several things are probably the cause of this....

Your weapon and armor isn't good enough to attack the ppl you are trying to attack. You don't have an energy shield running....or it's not fully charged. The ppl you are fighting have better stats than you.

If by reading your posts that your stats are equal to your level then you should have no problem beating lvl 11-12's if your gear is top grade for your stats/lvl.

I am only a lvl 13, but take lvl 13,14,15,16's all the time, but then my stats are different than yours and not gonna say what they are Smile

You need to figure out who you can beat easily and work from there, if that's started at lvl 7's and working your way up then so be it. You will find a comfort zone and be ok.
2007.Sep.24, 07:42 AM

Isn't there also a gang defense bonus proportional to the size of the gang?
2007.Sep.24, 08:19 AM

SimonAnything Wrote:Isn't there also a gang defense bonus proportional to the size of the gang?

No my understanding is the combat bonus is only for the gangs that have upgraded to that level. It's not based on size and it's not automatic.

Then again I could be wrong that there is a small natuarl defense rating in place that I don't know about from the changes for anyone in any gang. But as for the ones that really make a difference in combat the gang as a whole has had to work for it, not just given it for it's size.