Nice exit Rambo
2010.Sep.29, 08:28 AM
RE: Nice exit Rambo
I disagree w/ this, regardless of the amount, loaning money to someone is a risk, if you want to negate some risk, take items as colleteral, if not, don't loan ppl money. A scam would be if I said "I'll sell you 10 sympaks for 30k", you send the cash, I don't send the sympaks. Maybe this is what happened here idk.

What Zen really should do is create a loan feature, where the loaner has the ability to take back their loan, either by a direct withdrawal from one's bank account, or by being able to sell the loanee's house or by repossessing their items @ trade value in order to pay for the loan. It would add a whole new dynamic to the game, and save untold time for Zen and many others when this situation arrives.
2010.Sep.29, 08:32 AM
(2010.Sep.29 08:28 AM)2asandab Wrote:  What Zen really should do is create a loan feature, where the loaner has the ability to take back their loan, either by a direct withdrawal from one's bank account, or by being able to sell the loanee's house or by repossessing their items @ trade value in order to pay for the loan. It would add a whole new dynamic to the game, and save untold time for Zen and many others when this situation arrives.

That would take her decades.

"Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?! This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass! "
2010.Sep.29, 08:39 AM
(2010.Sep.29 08:32 AM)w00k Wrote:  
(2010.Sep.29 08:28 AM)2asandab Wrote:  What Zen really should do is create a loan feature, where the loaner has the ability to take back their loan, either by a direct withdrawal from one's bank account, or by being able to sell the loanee's house or by repossessing their items @ trade value in order to pay for the loan. It would add a whole new dynamic to the game, and save untold time for Zen and many others when this situation arrives.

That would take her decades.

You're being kindSmirk
2010.Sep.29, 08:44 AM
(2010.Sep.28 10:19 AM)MrPickles Wrote:  To be fair, LegofLamb did repay me. FWIW.

He paid me too... Not all of it - but most of it.

Came out of inactivity, paid the FF people, sold his stuff for $1 and got fedded all within a day or so.

I'd venture to say he has another account floating around here though. NinjaNinja

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2010.Sep.29, 08:58 AM
(2010.Sep.29 08:44 AM)NastyFO Wrote:  
(2010.Sep.28 10:19 AM)MrPickles Wrote:  To be fair, LegofLamb did repay me. FWIW.

He paid me too... Not all of it - but most of it.

Came out of inactivity, paid the FF people, sold his stuff for $1 and got fedded all within a day or so.

I'd venture to say he has another account floating around here though. NinjaNinja

Dominator Extraordinaire.....d'oh under your user name...

He is back....
2010.Sep.29, 09:39 AM
(2010.Sep.29 08:28 AM)2asandab Wrote:  I disagree w/ this, regardless of the amount, loaning money to someone is a risk, if you want to negate some risk, take items as colleteral, if not, don't loan ppl money. A scam would be if I said "I'll sell you 10 sympaks for 30k", you send the cash, I don't send the sympaks. Maybe this is what happened here idk.

and telling someone you'll loan them money and them not paying you back is different from the sym-pak reference how?

you give something(loan/money), he does not pay for it(loan + interest/sympaks), you are out what you forwarded....
This post was last modified: 2010.Sep.29 09:40 AM by Duchbag69.

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Sep.29, 10:05 AM
Federal Jail Inmate #1124

You owe someone a lot of money in-game. I feel like you scammed them. Email fedjail[at]awakenedlands[dot]com please.

[Image: byebyey128648072991999652.jpg]

He is back....
2010.Sep.29, 12:36 PM
(2010.Sep.29 09:39 AM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  
(2010.Sep.29 08:28 AM)2asandab Wrote:  I disagree w/ this, regardless of the amount, loaning money to someone is a risk, if you want to negate some risk, take items as colleteral, if not, don't loan ppl money. A scam would be if I said "I'll sell you 10 sympaks for 30k", you send the cash, I don't send the sympaks. Maybe this is what happened here idk.

and telling someone you'll loan them money and them not paying you back is different from the sym-pak reference how?

you give something(loan/money), he does not pay for it(loan + interest/sympaks), you are out what you forwarded....

There is a specific trade taking place, when loaning someone money often the money is spent (not invested in housing). You might legitimately be unable to pay them back, if you loan someone 350k to buy a T450, if they are unable to pay you back (especially if there is a vague time frame), this isn't a scam, you don't actually have the money!

I don't think the person should be Fed Jailed, and I don't know if Zen should interfere especially if there was no term given for the loan. Even if there was a term given, should you not just recoup assets equaling the 350k? If the person has less than that shouldn't you suffer the loss. I don't think Zen should just create the cash to give it back to you so you're whole.

but i think we are kinda talking about two different things here . . .
This post was last modified: 2010.Sep.29 12:38 PM by 2asandab.
2010.Sep.29, 12:39 PM
who cares scam all ya want

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
2010.Sep.29, 12:40 PM
Cause its ma party and I'll scam if I want to, scam if I want to. You would scam too if it happened to you.

bum bum bum bum ba

I smoke crack!