Dual Wield
2007.Apr.30, 07:36 PM
Dual Wield
I had an interesting idea. I believe we've discussed it before, but the new Ares weapon in the upcoming competition refreshed it in my mind.

I'd like to see some ranged and melee weapons that can be dual wielded, as in you can equip two of them.

I think this would help out lower level players who can't always afford the next big rifle or shotgun upgrade to get a little better standing in their damage. I'm sure some balancing would need to be done, but it could work. I'd like to see some melee weapons dual wield as well, such as katanas or wakazashis. Might bring back melee as a more viable option for attacking.
2007.Apr.30, 08:57 PM

me likey this idea!
2007.May.01, 05:26 PM

or we could use both meele in the same fight.And if you put the dual thingie it will became more exciting.But i tink that the dual weapons should have extra requirments
2007.May.05, 10:44 AM

why extra requirements? all you need is two hands to dual wield.

Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass
2007.May.05, 11:27 AM

then I should be able to hold 2 T-450s.
2007.May.05, 11:44 AM

You would have to have some skills to be able to aim two weapons at the same time
2007.May.05, 11:47 AM

If there was a duel weild, IMO requirements for each weapon would be 1.5 times (due to single handed) then added togeather.

Examples:

The Defiance T-250 Shotgun is a/an Gun Item - The Defiance T-250 Shotgun is designed for combat, not hunting. With a large ammo capacity and quick reloads, this gun can damage anyone in the way. Since this baby fires slugs rather than shot, a minimum accuracy rating of 12 is required.

Equiping 2 of these items would require 36 accuracy

The Defiance T-350 Shotgun is a/an Gun Item - The Defiance T-350 Shotgun is designed for combat, not hunting. With a large ammo capacity and quick reload rate, this gun can cut down anyone. Since this baby fires slugs rather than shot, a minimum accuracy of 14 is required. With a faster firing rate than the T-250, the T-350 also requires an 11 strength and 6 endurance.

Equiping 2 of these items would require 42 accuracy, 33 strength and 18 endurance

The Broyles Inc. Combat Axe is a/an Melee Weapon Item - The Combat Axe by Broyles Inc. is a massive and heavy weapon that both slices and crushes opponents. The ability to use this massive weapon requires a 11 strength rating.
The Armalite Peacekeeper is a/an Gun Item - The Armalite Peacekeeper is the standard issued submachine gun for the Awakened Lands S.W.A.T. team. Able to deliver massive damage in quick intervals, anyone wanting to do some serious pain against foes best pick one of these up. Requires a minimum 5 accuracy rating.

Equiping these items would require 8 accuracy and 17 strength

The RazorFlail is a/an Melee Weapon Item - The RazorFlail is similar to the RazorWhip with an additional weighted end for better damage. The drawbacks are it requires 9 strength rating to handle the extra weight, and a 11 dexterity rating to avoid damaging oneself.
The Broyles Inc. Combat Axe is a/an Melee Weapon Item - The Combat Axe by Broyles Inc. is a massive and heavy weapon that both slices and crushes opponents. The ability to use this massive weapon requires a 11 strength rating.

Equiping these items would require 17 dexterity and 30 strength

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.May.05, 12:48 PM

thats good thinking,but it shouldnt be available for shotguns,just for weaker weapons
2007.May.05, 12:50 PM

qorete Wrote:thats good thinking,but it shouldnt be available for shotguns,just for weaker weapons

I disagree. If it's available for one weapon, it should be available for all weapons.
2007.May.05, 02:44 PM

Ever heard of sawed off shotgun? Smile

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin