Housing vs endurance
2010.May.02, 06:06 PM
RE: Housing vs endurance
(2010.May.02 06:04 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  
(2010.May.02 05:59 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  but three 15% bonus multiplied together is 52%.

15*15=225*15=3375 now add 6 decimal slots... .003375

Wrong. Percentages are expressed referencing to 1. so 15% = .15, but in this case, 1.15. so do

1.15x1.15x1.15

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.May.02, 06:13 PM
(2010.May.02 05:59 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  in short, what I am asking is....

When different bonus are applied to your trains, are they multiplied together, or added, because three 15% bonus added together is 45%, but three 15% bonus multiplied together is 52%.

If the bonuses are multiplied together, sometimes going to the next house would create a greater increase than cash into endurance.

The reason why it is so important, is that if I can figure out the what multiplies with each other, and what adds, I could theoretically know exactly what and how much will give the greatest increases for the money.

Just play the game... Buy a decent house, stick some credits into End... see how it works out... No point playing by formulae unless you're some AL answer to Rain Man or Beautiful Mind...

You could try and do the math(s) but that's all a little dull... Isn't it?
2010.May.02, 06:20 PM
(2010.May.02 06:13 PM)MrJones Wrote:  
(2010.May.02 05:59 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  in short, what I am asking is....

When different bonus are applied to your trains, are they multiplied together, or added, because three 15% bonus added together is 45%, but three 15% bonus multiplied together is 52%.

If the bonuses are multiplied together, sometimes going to the next house would create a greater increase than cash into endurance.

The reason why it is so important, is that if I can figure out the what multiplies with each other, and what adds, I could theoretically know exactly what and how much will give the greatest increases for the money.

Just play the game... Buy a decent house, stick some credits into End... see how it works out... No point playing by formulae unless you're some AL answer to Rain Man or Beautiful Mind...

You could try and do the math(s) but that's all a little dull... Isn't it?

I enjoy math immensely.... and a lot of players are looking to get that edge... I want to try to find it...

At 150 EP a pop.... what is an additional 10 or 15% in dev points per full train? 30 to 60 points depending on your housing, trainer, end, and donator status. Wouldn't you want to get the biggest bonus for the cash you are about to throw down ?

Let's go on the light side... say... you only do 20 full trains a day.... that's 600 to 1200 dev points a day... 4200 to 8400 dev points a week.... 16800 to 33600 a month.... and considering some of you people have been playing at that level of energy points for a year now.... Yeah. Not small potatoes.
The other big thing... if they are multiplicative... do they multiply off each other like 1.15X1.15x1.15?...

or do they each add their own individual cumulative bonuses....

Take for example, a baseline train with no modifiers...

10 dev points.

now bring in bonuses.

end +10%
happiness +15%
donator status+50%
no trainer.

does the bonus work seperate?

baseline 10 dev points
end +1 dev points
happiness +1.5 dev points
donator status +5 dev points

totaling 17.5 dev points

or is the bonus multiply off each other, goes 1.1x1.15x1.5=1.8975

making the end train look like this

baseline 10 dev points
multiplied bonus 8.975 dev points....

for a total of 18.975 dev points....

Anyone who is getting what I am pointing at, let me know, message me, and we will try to work on this.
This post was last modified: 2010.May.02 06:31 PM by InPaceRequiscat.

2010.May.02, 08:18 PM
(2010.May.02 08:17 PM)Thor Wrote:  You try too hard for nothing Inpace.

Take it like this, (if im not mistaken) lvl 34 endurance + a arcology house (1250 happiness = 3 times your energy in dev points per full train without a trainer.

i could be 1-2 dev pts off though, I havent had that house in months!!

nice & to the point

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2010.May.02, 10:40 PM
My apologies THOR, while I was cleaning out the garbage I hit move on yours too....stupid phone.

Thor
Forum god of search

You try too hard for nothing Inpace.

Take it like this, (if im not mistaken) lvl 34 endurance + a arcology house (1250 happiness = 3 times your energy in dev points per full train without a trainer.

i could be 1-2 dev pts off though, I havent had that house in months!!
If you can't read my avatar, here's what it says:
My god has a hammer, your god was nailed to a cross, any questions??

***Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your arse will be disconnected!***

**The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.**
2010.May.03, 07:21 AM
At one point I had a Midlan house, and wanted END instead. I sold my house and used the 3 mill to buy credits for End. I had the same gym trains in a ranch with higher End as I did when I had the Midlan house and lower end. I almost think it's a wash.
2010.May.03, 08:18 AM
its all multipliers so just increase everything as much as you possibly can. I personally think housing affects the trains alot more than Endurance.

3:36 pm You received $36 from Mac.

12,600,036$ robbed from him.
2010.May.03, 08:22 AM
Its about the same. Only difference is housing is liquid cash but endo is spent for good.
2010.May.03, 08:58 AM
(2010.May.03 08:18 AM)peteycrack Wrote:  its all multipliers so just increase everything as much as you possibly can. I personally think housing affects the trains alot more than Endurance.

Happiness does have a greater direct modifier, but at what price?

to go from a ranch to a midlan house, it is 3.2 mil and change... it boils out to $21406 PER POINT of happiness. this is equal to roughly 20 endurance points per point of happiness, and 3k endu points over all. Obviously, worth it... but what about more expensive houses?

midlan house to villa, 4.9 mil to get it, $32666 per point of happiness, 31 endu points...... a lot closer now, as 4.9 mil represents 4711 dev points of endu.

mid vil to dec beach, 5 mil, $32986 per point of happiness, 32 endu dev points, 4800 overall endu dev points.

those three all represent a better buy into happiness vs endurance. But as soon as you go to the next 5 mil upgrade, the arcology house, you only get 100 points of happiness. $50000 per point of happiness, 48 endu dev points. same 4800 overall dev points.

this is where it becomes better to buy the endurance, and each upgrade thereafter provides less and less benefit compared to endurance.

The issue here, and what I have been trying to explain, is that when bonus multiply together, then have a larger benefit than when they are simply added together.

In the case they add together, endurance will always be the better buy. But there is a point where increasing housing may be more beneficial. Allow me to try to explain it again.

This is all assuming housing and endurance multiply together when determing gym trains.

Say your housing boosted your trains by 50% (1.5), and your endurance increased your trains by 50%(1.5). We are ignoring trainers, gym days, and donator status for this.

1.5 x 1.5 = 2.25, or 125%

Now, lets say you had enough money to increase either, and the benefit, for the cost, would be equal. it wouldn't really matter which one you increased, so we will just do endurance for this. the net increase would be from 50%(1.5) to 65% (1.65)

1.5 x 1.65 = 2.475 (147.5%)

Now, lets say you had more money, and to increase either another 15% would cost the same. if you increased endurance again, it would play out like this...

1.5 x 1.80 = 2.7 (170%)

However, due to the way multiplication works, (I will not get into it here, just please go along with it) you would actually gain slightly more by increasing the housing.

1.65 x 1.65 = 2.7225 (172.25%)

I know they are not perfectly equal, but finding out the factors tthat determine which will investment will net the greatest gain, would be huge.

For everyone else, please don't just hijack my thread because you don't understand what I am talking about.
This post was last modified: 2010.May.03 09:31 AM by InPaceRequiscat.

2010.May.03, 10:37 AM
(2010.May.03 08:58 AM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  
(2010.May.03 08:18 AM)peteycrack Wrote:  its all multipliers so just increase everything as much as you possibly can. I personally think housing affects the trains alot more than Endurance.

Happiness does have a greater direct modifier, but at what price?

to go from a ranch to a midlan house, it is 3.2 mil and change... it boils out to $21406 PER POINT of happiness. this is equal to roughly 20 endurance points per point of happiness, and 3k endu points over all. Obviously, worth it... but what about more expensive houses?

midlan house to villa, 4.9 mil to get it, $32666 per point of happiness, 31 endu points...... a lot closer now, as 4.9 mil represents 4711 dev points of endu.

mid vil to dec beach, 5 mil, $32986 per point of happiness, 32 endu dev points, 4800 overall endu dev points.

those three all represent a better buy into happiness vs endurance. But as soon as you go to the next 5 mil upgrade, the arcology house, you only get 100 points of happiness. $50000 per point of happiness, 48 endu dev points. same 4800 overall dev points.

this is where it becomes better to buy the endurance, and each upgrade thereafter provides less and less benefit compared to endurance.

The issue here, and what I have been trying to explain, is that when bonus multiply together, then have a larger benefit than when they are simply added together.

In the case they add together, endurance will always be the better buy. But there is a point where increasing housing may be more beneficial. Allow me to try to explain it again.

This is all assuming housing and endurance multiply together when determing gym trains.

Say your housing boosted your trains by 50% (1.5), and your endurance increased your trains by 50%(1.5). We are ignoring trainers, gym days, and donator status for this.

1.5 x 1.5 = 2.25, or 125%

Now, lets say you had enough money to increase either, and the benefit, for the cost, would be equal. it wouldn't really matter which one you increased, so we will just do endurance for this. the net increase would be from 50%(1.5) to 65% (1.65)

1.5 x 1.65 = 2.475 (147.5%)

Now, lets say you had more money, and to increase either another 15% would cost the same. if you increased endurance again, it would play out like this...

1.5 x 1.80 = 2.7 (170%)

However, due to the way multiplication works, (I will not get into it here, just please go along with it) you would actually gain slightly more by increasing the housing.

1.65 x 1.65 = 2.7225 (172.25%)

I know they are not perfectly equal, but finding out the factors tthat determine which will investment will net the greatest gain, would be huge.

For everyone else, please don't just hijack my thread because you don't understand what I am talking about.

How did you come up with that calculation?

Amend