New ideas- training camp+stuff (HEY ZEN! OVER HERE!!)
2007.Apr.06, 10:20 AM

this seems like it would be another step in the direction of customizing your character, so everyone isn't the same. I definitely like this idea is good, but I agree the numbers need to be adjusted a little. like why does the advanced strength course give such a huge bonus compared to the advanced accuracy course? anyways, I love the idea itself.
2007.Apr.06, 10:27 AM

because practically no one uses melee weapons, and if they gave the same bonus, no one would use melee still. This gives people a choice to make- continue with accuracy, which is probably trained high already, and has the best attacking equipment available, or train up strength and grab a melee weapon, and use the higher boost available.
2007.Apr.06, 10:31 AM

I never meleed much so i dont know much about its hit rates and damage. But in my opinion, Ranged weapons should have the lower hit rate of the two, with lower base damage, but high critical hit damage and higher chance to crit. This would leave melee with a better hit rate and more base damage but not as much critical chance or damage. You can take a chance on hitting high crits with ranged or take the consistency of good damage with melee.
2007.Apr.06, 10:34 AM

wow, that's like exactly the opposite of what it is and what I think it should be, lol.

I think melee should have low average damage (an axe either does massive or minimal damage in general, depending on whether you hit them properly or glance away) whilst guns do consistant damage. Melee should rely on crits for the big damage IMO, which is what it's like now.
2007.Apr.06, 10:47 AM

or that =] so long as they aren't the exact same. hehe
2007.Apr.06, 10:51 AM

heh, no worries there. The system is currently set up the exact reverse of what you said- low average, high crits on melee, good average, low crits on gun. The shotguns are an exception, and swords might be an exception too- I think it's a case of common sense. Fast firing or attack weapons (katanas, swords, pistols, rifles) have good average damage, whereas slow firing/attacking weapons have lower damage with big criticals (shotguns, hammers, axes).

That's my perception of the system anyway- next to no one uses swords or katanas because they all suck, basically. The only melee worth using are the big axes.
2007.Apr.06, 11:01 AM

personally I don't think giving the melee users an extra bonus is a good idea. keep it the same bonus and let people choose based on the weapons available.
2007.Apr.09, 08:48 AM

Right um i really like the idea!!
Ive got a little idea to it too, say you got thief class right? then wanted to swap to something like, warrior, maybe you could get like a cross-class, only after passing both. e.g.
Thief (mainly cash rewarded) + Warrior (mainly strength rewarded) = Assasin class (Mug rewarded)
And all the way through classes, but only for 2. :?
2007.Apr.09, 09:47 PM

If the current best melee weapon wasn't so weak, I would love to use it but last time I checked (although it's been a long while) the electric axe wasn't even close to the T-450.

Please, DO correct me if I'm wrong with the axe.
2007.Apr.09, 09:59 PM

i would be happy to correct you. The T-450 does X amount of damage. The Axe does X amount dependent on your strength, (so basically unlimited power) The only one with high enough str to verify this is keyzersoze and me.
and trust me it is just as good as the T-450

Of course it could also seem to be better in my eyes because I also use the force to help me in battles. :wink: