AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: New ideas- training camp+stuff (HEY ZEN! OVER HERE!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

LordSkie

Ok, in the thread debating levels in general, Hydro said something that struck a chord, and I started thinking seriously about this, and came up with a couple ideas and figures.

Firstly, we introduce something very similar to the local school- a training camp. Works in a similar way, you pay money, and it takes a certain amount of days to finish- but the rewards are slightly different, and worked differently.

What this would do, is give your character a 'class'. Marksman, thief, guard or warrior. Each gives a bonus to their respective skill;

Marksman-accuracy
Thief-dexterity
Guard-resistance
Warrior-strength

Once a course in one is taken, you can then access the advanced course for that. You can still do the other courses too, but if you take a different one, you lose the original bonuses. So, you can't be a thief AND a marksman, if you take a thievery course then take an archery course, you'd be a marksman, and lose your bonuses as a thief.

Bonuses for basic and advanced courses would be the same- the idea is the second course just doubles your bonus, effectively.

Basic archery course (min. 12 acc to apply)- +1 accuracy modifier, +10% hit rate (with ranged)
Basic thievery course (min 12 dex to apply)- +1 dexterity modifier, +10% cash
Basic guardian course (min 8 res to apply)- +1 resistance modifier, +20% damage resisted
Basic warrior course(min 12 str to apply)- +1 strength modifier, critical rate up (with melee) damage +20% damage (with melee)

A basic course would cost $5000 and take 7 days to complete. An advanced course would cost $20000 and take 30 days to complete- with requirements of 12 res, 18 on all others to apply.

Further courses could be added of course, with increasing stat requirements and cost, in cash and time. After taking a course, it would say your chosen profession on stat page, but not how advanced you are.

Another ideas I was also floating around- how about, every 5 levels, you gain a modifier to use as you see fit. At lv 5, upon levelling, you get a screen saying something like 'for reaching lv 5, you gain one modification to your stats! Please choose which statistic you wish to put it in.'

You then get a drop down box with acc, dex, res, str- you pick one, that gets a modification.

Basically, it's just another way to make it so people have hidden stats. By looking at their level, and stats in the pantheon, you can approximate. But you have no idea what their boosts would be in, no idea what modifications they've done, and as such- there's no guaranteed wins there. You could hit someone that looks innocent with weak stats, only to find they've got 8 accuracy mods, and they slaughter you. Would give fights much more an unknown element.
Wow, well thought out. TheGeek needs to take a looksie at it now. If he approves I am on board!

TheGeek

Looks good to me. The numbers would have to be juggled a bit, but would definitely add that customization element alot of us have been looking for.

LordSkie

yea, I tried to make the numbers quite balanced, but I didn't take a huge amount of time over it, just wanted something there quickly to make the idea as clear as possible. I didn't want one stat to be overpowered, meaning everyone would take that- they wanted to have their own benefits. Res+str are much underused in comparison, so they needed a bigger boost, IMO.

As to the costs, again- that was just a quick throw something down to have something there.
I especially like the level bonus idea. it would provide a bonus to leveling for those non-donators.

Both idea seem pretty well thought out and balanced i wouldnt be surprised to see something very close to at least one of them be released after a bit of tweeking.

on top of this can we get monuments to Zenith and Err located in every district that we must all bow to at a certain time. After all they do put up with all of our BS and still offer updates for a great game!!

TheGeek

combining this system with a selective skill system would be awesome. would require alooootttt of testing though. =o I'll dig around and find my old post on the skill system.

http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=887

there it is. the old skill thread. having a training focus and selecting 1 or 2 skills to accompany it, theres no telling what kind of crazy character makeups we would see... hehe.
Need to "retitle this to hey zen, over here!"

LordSkie

just for you, Wolvie Biggrin

pimpsta101

yea i seen something similar to this in a different game.
I like the idea.
sounds really nice, as long as prices are kept down im onboard Razz
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's