How to get more donations and players?
2010.Feb.02, 06:51 PM
RE: How to get more donations and players?
newbie raffle - everyone who starts the game and plays through 10 days has a chance of getting with a small stat/level jump..

Does any game do anything like this?

Could be good for the ads though a little unfair.
2010.Feb.02, 06:54 PM
(2010.Feb.02 06:14 PM)Punisher Wrote:  just for instance....something i sold on ebay this year

Paypal breakdown

Total Amount:
$136.24 USD
Fee amount:
-$4.25 USD
Net amount:
$131.99 USD

for instant payment its not too shabby

If that holds true for different payments types, thats not much of a loss at all.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2010.Feb.02, 07:01 PM
The fees are 1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30, depending on volume:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr...countries=

Might be different for international, but this should give a good idea
2010.Feb.02, 07:08 PM
So in the US Zen loses $3.29 on a $100 donation. And someone else can do the other math.Wink

So .33 cents on a 1 dollar donation. ?

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2010.Feb.02, 07:29 PM
(2010.Feb.02 06:14 PM)Punisher Wrote:  just for instance....something i sold on ebay this year

Paypal breakdown

Total Amount:
$136.24 USD
Fee amount:
-$4.25 USD
Net amount:
$131.99 USD

for instant payment its not too shabby

I think there is a .50 or .75 cent minimum per transaction

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2010.Feb.02, 10:54 PM
The fees usually depend on what you are donating with as well... more fees are charged if you use a Credit Card. If you do it with a bank account or cash on hand it usually charges way less.

When I had my site (mind that is now over 3 yrs ago) you could specify a CC payment or a cash/ bank account payment however, you need 2 paypal accounts to pull it off with but it does avoid certain nonessential fees... Wink
This post was last modified: 2010.Feb.02 10:55 PM by Howl.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2010.Feb.03, 12:01 AM
We have a different rate than ebay sellers. There is a flat fee plus a percentage. Since it's a business account, there are other flat fees as well. Plus we have to have a reserve for any potential chargebacks/disputes, and have to take into account the chargeback fees. If we did the $1 donation, I think we'd keep less than half the funds when all is said and done. If one of those was fraud and ended up with a chargeback, it would wipe out at least 50 one-dollar transactions of revenue.

I can add more options, but for beginners I'd like to keep the options limited for simplicity. The game is already complicated for the newb.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2010.Feb.03, 09:23 AM
I remember my first $5 donation like it was yesterday.

When I donated my first $20 I thought I would never be able to use all the credits.

When I dropped the first hundy, yeah I said first, I thought "did I really just do that"?

And now here we are, people asking for $1 donations. How dumb!!!!!

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2010.Feb.03, 10:08 AM
I think donated a hundred within my first day? I really didn't even know what credits ultimately did, so I just explored all my options. I think I came into work the next day with my intel and endurance around 7 or 8, and showed Marlo. He was shocked, and I didn't even know that the hell endurance did for me, and I'm still not sure what intel does?
2010.Feb.03, 10:30 AM
(2010.Feb.03 10:08 AM)Weebay Wrote:  I think donated a hundred within my first day? I really didn't even know what credits ultimately did, so I just explored all my options. I think I came into work the next day with my intel and endurance around 7 or 8, and showed Marlo. He was shocked, and I didn't even know that the hell endurance did for me, and I'm still not sure what intel does?

intel is a statrequirement for short blade and blunt weapons.....haha

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.