Only In AL
2007.Mar.13, 05:40 PM

pshh, family. thats a long distance call. I much prefer forum banter.
2007.Mar.13, 05:41 PM

I will make one serious post here, in response to that. Then I'm back to chilling and having fun again. And I want to make it clear, since any kind of comment we make is apparently whining- this is nothing to do with me, or my gang. I couldn't care less.

But those comments about donating a load in order to reach the top, and avoid being beaten on... that's utter garbage. I'm sorry, but what about a)younger people, and b) people on an income that simply doesn't allow for donating to an online game? This is a free game, no signup fee allowed. At NO POINT does it say 'well, no payments are forced. But, if you want to enjoy the game in any way (since those at the top will just farm you for in game cash if you're weak) then you must donate hundreds of dollars in order to beat them and get somewhere.'

No, that's not the way the game should be. At all.

I always try to see both sides of any argument, but any thought of making this game effectively a pay to play is garbage.

And 'if you don't want to be attacked, drop your gang members to two'

What, and miss out on what makes online gaming fun- interaction with others? That's absurd too, you don't want to just sit in a gang of two when there's an easy opportunity to have 6 or 7 people.

The problem I see with this game is it's way way too easy to ruin it for someone else. If someone's stronger, you simply chuck them in hospital- that's 4 hours of gametime (which they may not have much of) that they can now do nothing. And if it's relatively early in their game life here (i.e, pre lv 20) using 10k worth of stims to get chucked back in is not good at all.

Me, I'll continue to just annoy Chris and Sarge. I'm about as much danger as a fly to them, so hey, might as well buzz in their ears and irritate them, better than nothing.
2007.Mar.13, 05:51 PM

umm, I do believe I said activity OR donations. Didn't say you needed to donate. Donations are just another option. Smile Feel free to"re-read" my post.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Mar.13, 05:59 PM

hey wait I play and if im going to be in the hospital then fine but I love posting .
I dont insult anyone i may jibe them but they can just anwer back in ther own manner.
its all in the fun of the game. Why shouldnt I be able to poke fun at someone that I cannot possibly beat in combat . (a t this time) Razz

IF you cant take a joke then hey dont read my post or if you do then ignore it.

wel the 20 minutes are up so i need to prepare for my next posy Biggrin
2007.Mar.13, 06:03 PM

It's funny what certain people take from a post, and only comment on the negatives.

2007.Mar.13, 06:16 PM

you have to remember ush, not everyone is as able to donate as you, and from a different situation, you have a different perspective.
2007.Mar.13, 06:25 PM

Vilify the rich man. hehe. I freaking love this game. All of you are top notch in my book, good or bad. It's a game. The community is what makes this happen for me. And why I have donated substantially. Smile

2007.Mar.13, 06:26 PM

matt5250 Wrote:yeah ush, I agree with most of that. what else am I suppsed to do for entertainment while in the hospital though? Smile

Vote for my frog! Then go vote for Awakeled lands in the "vote for awakened lands" topic. Smile

p.s. My refer link isn't there anymore so don't go and think I'm doing that for my personal gain. lol
2007.Mar.13, 06:33 PM

I have to agree with Ush on this one. We all play this game for one reason....to gave fun. In a game where attacking other people is the norm you have to be prepared to handle getting attacked and beat in a mature way. Sure logging on and seeing your in the hospital sucks but it is the way the game is played.

I for one am sick of getting mails like this:

"leave me alone or im gonna get my level 3000 buddy to keep you in a hospital for the next week"

One thing i have learned over the years is this:

when playing a game you must be prepared for someone else to donate more money and/or be more active and as such they will generally be more powerful than you. Play and try to compete as well as you can but never lose sight of the fact that this is just a game. You are not getting shot for real (hopefully), you are not going to die playing this game (unless you are from Taiwan and havent figured out that you need to take a few breaks on occassion((just kidding before someone jumps my case about being Racist)) so if someone attacks you and beats you shrug it off and play on.
2007.Mar.13, 06:56 PM

you all messing up my fun being all serious geez its game.

i figure if i cant play at least i can try an liven up the forums a bit