Poll: After reading the idea, do you think it has merit?
Yes, it\'s\' a good idea
No, I don\'t like it at all. (please explain why)
Koor, you are brilliant.
I like it, but I propose a few changes.. (list them)
[Show Results]

The Government District (Idea)
2006.Sep.05, 09:34 PM
The Government District (Idea)
The Government district

- Heightened police presence
- Attacking a player in the government district would have a 25% chance to land both the attacker and defender in jail. The defender's jail time would be only 50% of what the attacker receives.
- Breaking out of the jail is 50% harder than in other districts
- Crimes fail more often than in other districts. (chance to be jailed is the same though)
- Happiness has less of an effect on gym training in the Government district.
- Accessible at level 1, with free transit from any district.
- Gang war kills in the government district gain the winning gain 2x-3x the respect that attacks in other districts would earn, due to the skill needed to successfully hospitalize your target and avoid jail.

Explanation:

The Government district is my idea of a balance and shelter for lower levels who has earned the ire of higher level players. I thought of this after our recent theafer war against a lower level gang that angered us. I don't think that the players will care much about it at this point, but it's' something Zenith might like.

The concept is this. Newbiebob17 starts playing awakenedlands, and somehow manages to piss off OS or Bad Mutha's, they make a point of hospitalizing him every chance they get, which leads Newbiebob17 to quit the game.. essentially denying Zenith a chance at a bit more donation money, which ends up hurting all of our game play in the long run.

Now if under the same circumstances, Newbiebob17 could head to the Government district for a little added protection, then he would have a chance of avoiding all of that hospital time enough to possibly train up and stand his own ground. Being in the Government district he wouldn't get as good of gains, nor would he succeed at his crimes as often, but at least he'd be getting somewhere. Eventually Newbiebob17 would have the balls to leave the district and go out and level/train in the normal areas so that he could get normal exp.

Newbiebob17 eventually leaves the government district and starts a gang, which promptly pisses off the Theafers. They declare war on his gang, and seeing that he's going to get his butt kicked, he flees to the government district to hide. This cheesy idea fails, however, since every kill the theafers make on Newbiebob17 results in their getting 3 respect, instead of 1, even though 25% of their attacks land them, and Newbiebob17 in jail.

This is a proposed way to give the lower level guys a wee bit more protection, without coddling them, or screwing up the game by adding attack restrictions on levels.

Messages In This Thread
The Government District (Idea) - LuparKoor - 2006.Sep.05 09:34 PM
[] - livershot - 2006.Sep.05, 09:53 PM
[] - OttoOC - 2006.Sep.05, 09:53 PM
[] - livershot - 2006.Sep.05, 09:55 PM
[] - LuparKoor - 2006.Sep.05, 10:18 PM
[] - Druchii - 2006.Sep.06, 03:23 AM
[] - 666666 - 2006.Sep.06, 09:44 AM
[] - Inferno - 2006.Sep.06, 11:47 AM
[] - Eirikur - 2006.Sep.08, 02:54 PM