AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: The Government District (Idea)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LuparKoor

The Government district

- Heightened police presence
- Attacking a player in the government district would have a 25% chance to land both the attacker and defender in jail. The defender's jail time would be only 50% of what the attacker receives.
- Breaking out of the jail is 50% harder than in other districts
- Crimes fail more often than in other districts. (chance to be jailed is the same though)
- Happiness has less of an effect on gym training in the Government district.
- Accessible at level 1, with free transit from any district.
- Gang war kills in the government district gain the winning gain 2x-3x the respect that attacks in other districts would earn, due to the skill needed to successfully hospitalize your target and avoid jail.

Explanation:

The Government district is my idea of a balance and shelter for lower levels who has earned the ire of higher level players. I thought of this after our recent theafer war against a lower level gang that angered us. I don't think that the players will care much about it at this point, but it's' something Zenith might like.

The concept is this. Newbiebob17 starts playing awakenedlands, and somehow manages to piss off OS or Bad Mutha's, they make a point of hospitalizing him every chance they get, which leads Newbiebob17 to quit the game.. essentially denying Zenith a chance at a bit more donation money, which ends up hurting all of our game play in the long run.

Now if under the same circumstances, Newbiebob17 could head to the Government district for a little added protection, then he would have a chance of avoiding all of that hospital time enough to possibly train up and stand his own ground. Being in the Government district he wouldn't get as good of gains, nor would he succeed at his crimes as often, but at least he'd be getting somewhere. Eventually Newbiebob17 would have the balls to leave the district and go out and level/train in the normal areas so that he could get normal exp.

Newbiebob17 eventually leaves the government district and starts a gang, which promptly pisses off the Theafers. They declare war on his gang, and seeing that he's going to get his butt kicked, he flees to the government district to hide. This cheesy idea fails, however, since every kill the theafers make on Newbiebob17 results in their getting 3 respect, instead of 1, even though 25% of their attacks land them, and Newbiebob17 in jail.

This is a proposed way to give the lower level guys a wee bit more protection, without coddling them, or screwing up the game by adding attack restrictions on levels.

livershot

I like the idea, but I think the concept of creating different incentives and penalties for each district would do better for the game overall. The changes that have been made already to the housing market, for example, I think is a great thing to draw more players out of the newbie starting area and into the Industrial and Rural districts. However, I think it should go even further. For example, higher level crimes should only be accessible in certain districts or have seperate rewards/punishments.

But as of right now, I don't think Awakened Lands has a deep enough player base for this to be really useful or worth the time to code for our wonderful admins Smile Yeah, we destroyed that low level newbie gang and their arrogant and flat out annoying leader fairly quick, but I don't think it'll be a big problem. Maybe down the road, but I think the devs have other projects in mind (I hear rumblings of 'skills' or something similar...)

OttoOC

I like the general idea; a safer zone that has the downside of slowing progression. I dunno about the defenders going to jail too thing, though. What's the reason for that?

livershot

I think the reason for the defenders going to jail is to offset the Respect they can earn for their gang and to ensure that higher level players don't 'farm' lower level gangs, thereby making life very difficult for newer players and stunting the growth of the player base

d'uh :roll:

LuparKoor

Purpose of the defender receiving jailtime as well is to go along with the idea that the government district doesn't abide for fights in the streets. Both fighters go to jail, but the attacker has twice the jailtime as the defender. This would also have an effect further fights, since once the defender is in jail, he cant be attacked til he gets out, and then he has time to to do other things before his attacker gets out of jail.

It's kind of beneficial during a gang war, so that if the attacker gets busted trying to attack an online person, then the online defender can't just pick off the attackers lower level gang members while he's in prison. Well, at least not for that long.. Otherwise gangwars would head to that district and just wait for people to get jailed, then pour out into the other districts to exploit the fact that the other online gang members got jailed.

It would kind of add some strategy to gang wars too

Does that make sense?
Good idea

i like it mainly because you used a poll

Inferno

yeah.. but if u do that... u slow the over all growth of everyone in game...

yeah it has some great points for lowbies...

but... for those that have higher lvls and higher ambitions.. they would just sit there.. getting better gains. getting better stats.. when finally one comes out with his low gain stats from that district he gets hosped...

now wat.. he is stuck in the reg area in the hosp.. an most likely going to b attacked repeatedly and hosped repeatedly anyways..

the idea of a safe area is not bad... but lvl restriction should b put...

Exp: lvl 1-3 with no attackability from inside the own district or outside...

the slow stat gains would kill a new starters arse when he finally leaves.. if by accidentally pissing off the higher lvls....

and making their black list...

but im not here to dismiss others thoughts... mainly show some reasons y it is not such a great idea and y some things should b edited...

again the exp is wat i believe it should b at... in the minimum if anything up to lvl 5 at the most... for who should b able to go there...

Eirikur

i don't know about adding specific crimes to other locations but it would make sense in the government district. especially group crimes. add bribing government officilas, and blackmailing politicians and stuff. Also make soem group crimes where everyone who is going to participate has to be in that zone. make them higher level crimes so that the risk is jsutified. also make it where you can not commit thsoe crimes in that area unless you ahve been ther efor say 6 hours. so you have to go in and get a cover before you can blackmail guys. another idea is have the specific gang crimes in there require a mole. so to be able to do a job you ahve to have on of your gang members working on the mayors staff before you can bribe the mayor. tht might be fun
Reference URL's